• -8542619481501033819.jpg
    -8542619481501033819.jpg
    546.6 KB · Views: 135

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
STOCK.

Taking advice from someone with zero experience in the subject will generally have less than desirable results. We need to nip this in the butt ASAP as itā€™s NOT an issue as described.

If youā€™ve got wheel hop bad enough to break something that dog bone is engineered to be what breaks (rather than the transmission case itself).

Thanks Jake for chiming in on the subject. I'm don't race, or go WOT at a blink of an eye...I like to get her up there gradually. I never considered the dog bone to break, but if you've been running it for years without issue, I feel more confident on leaving it as is.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I let the anal detail side of myself get the better of me with this project... i was very paticular with wanting the light beams to cover the cars edges end to end as much as i could (rears behind wheels was limited cause I didnā€™t want any visible LEDs ) and for the patterns of the light to be symmetrical right down the middle - so there was really only one option, lol. I went with one of the "water proof" (splash really) kits that you get the 2 16' rolls for the home use and just cut the wire at the provided transformer and wired it to my stereos distribution blocks in the back so they only work if the the car/radio is on. then i just cut the strips to the right length and soldered connectors with some 18GA wires at each wheel well to hide everything....

between the connectors / led kit / wire it was under $65 bucks, haha.
View attachment 195560
I've been thinking about doing this for a while now as it looks great imo, I have been seeing many cars with underglow lately too. I just have not really dedicated build time to doing so or really figured out the best way todo it as it needs power ect. good job

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Thanks Jake for chiming in on the subject. I'm don't race, or go WOT at a blink of an eye...I like to get her up there gradually. I never considered the dog bone to break, but if you've been running it for years without issue, I feel more confident on leaving it as is.
GTI jake and diggs (both very good knowledge sources around here) say stick with stock pendulum mount so thats what i'm going to do, its really just a piece of metal and is fine

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I want to ceramic coat my car so badly, but coilovers first...ahahahahaha

Noooo, with paint/exterior bits, you want to protect your investment before you go throwing performance at it.

But I guess that's only if you care to own it for more than like 3 years.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Noooo, with paint/exterior bits, you want to protect your investment before you go throwing performance at it.

But I guess that's only if you care to own it for more than like 3 years.
You obviously didnā€™t see where I ceramic coated my wheels....lol. My car is a daily driver and I donā€™t have time to give it to a shop to ceramic coat, nor do I have a garage so makes it tough to do it myself. I take meticulous care of my car, so Itā€™s always Performance modification time

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
You obviously didnā€™t see where I ceramic coated my wheels....lol. My car is a daily driver and I donā€™t have time to give it to a shop to ceramic coat, nor do I have a garage so makes it tough to do it myself. I take meticulous care of my car, so Itā€™s always Performance modification time

Ah - I do remember that thread. I actually picked up my bronze rse-10's from the detailer last week all ceramic'd up. They won't be going on until mid-late March though, lol. Failing to convince myself to invest in performance winters for the stock wheels... I can't get past throwing away perfectly good tires that won't sell for much on the forums. At least get one full year's worth of "value" out of the stock tires.

If you're confident in your caretaking abilities then more power to you. I am less anal and too often go 2, 3 months without washing my car. PPF + Ceramic is insurance against my own laziness.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
If you're confident in your caretaking abilities then more power to you. I am less anal and too often go 2, 3 months without washing my car. PPF + Ceramic is insurance against my own laziness.
What!? šŸ¤¢

I canā€™t imagine the interior... I have such OCD with the car, I clean it weekly and at a min 2 weeks, and dust the interior Daily as I drive šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
What!? šŸ¤¢

I canā€™t imagine the interior... I have such OCD with the car, I clean it weekly and at a min 2 weeks, and dust the interior Daily as I drive šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

I mean compared to the average person I am still more anal than most. I donā€™t eat in my car and I donā€™t smoke in it. I clean the inside when it gets dirty, I keep my windows clean because I have 2 dogs that slobber on my windows and that can damage the tint, so Iā€™m good about that. And I may be giving myself less credit than due, I said ā€œtoo often do I let it go 2-3 monthsā€ when thatā€™s just where Iā€™m at right now. In the summer I cleaned it every week or two. I am doing my winter prep / first ā€œmaintenance washā€ for the ceramic when itā€™s gonna be 55+ on Friday

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I let the anal detail side of myself get the better of me with this project... i was very paticular with wanting the light beams to cover the cars edges end to end as much as i could (rears behind wheels was limited cause I didnā€™t want any visible LEDs ) and for the patterns of the light to be symmetrical right down the middle - so there was really only one option, lol. I went with one of the "water proof" (splash really) kits that you get the 2 16' rolls for the home use and just cut the wire at the provided transformer and wired it to my stereos distribution blocks in the back so they only work if the the car/radio is on. then i just cut the strips to the right length and soldered connectors with some 18GA wires at each wheel well to hide everything....

between the connectors / led kit / wire it was under $65 bucks, haha.
View attachment 195560

Anal and detailed, yet your tools look like that? o_O

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I mean compared to the average person I am still more anal than most. I donā€™t eat in my car and I donā€™t smoke in it. I clean the inside when it gets dirty, I keep my windows clean because I have 2 dogs that slobber on my windows and that can damage the tint, so Iā€™m good about that. And I may be giving myself less credit than due, I said ā€œtoo often do I let it go 2-3 monthsā€ when thatā€™s just where Iā€™m at right now. In the summer I cleaned it every week or two. I am doing my winter prep / first ā€œmaintenance washā€ for the ceramic when itā€™s gonna be 55+ on Friday

Leave your perversions out of it, for once. ;)

galavanter13

Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport