GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Ever since I swapped out my ABS pump, I've had a soft pedal. What did you do to bleed - just the two-person "pedal down-->open--->close-->pedal up"? Or was there more to it than that?

It's worth the little bit of money to just get a brake bleeder. It's like $50, saves the hassle of 2 people playing the pedal game.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
It's worth the little bit of money to just get a brake bleeder. It's like $50, saves the hassle of 2 people playing the pedal game.
I thought there was a VCDS function you could run to prime and cycle the ABS pump, while helping bleed the brakes. Could have sworn I read it in here somewhere.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Added some aero goodies from Caractere

Caractere.jpg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
I thought there was a VCDS function you could run to prime and cycle the ABS pump, while helping bleed the brakes. Could have sworn I read it in here somewhere.
I have the Motiv bleeder, and have run at least 2L of fluid through it. VCDS didn't have anything to activate the ABS pump, but I did find a process in ODIS...just wondering if I need to do it multiple times, if doing old-timey two-person setup works better, etc.(?)

Added some aero goodies from Caractere

1598892136907.png
That looks so sharp!
There really oughta be a law against the law requiring front license plates.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
That looks so sharp!
There really oughta be a law against the law requiring front license plates.
[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more, I absolutely can't stand the front plate, takes away from the looks of the car. So much that I am trying to get it registered in my home state.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Just bought a brand new set of SuperPro engine mounts. Since I just had a set installed a month ago I'm set for the next 200,000 miles. That equals 4 years of driving for me. I'll be keeping this car for a long time.