GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
How's the chatter? Been considering clutches for the inevitable clutch doom. As a daily I am just worried about a SMF chatter. Also what exhaust do you run so I get a sense of your noise tolerance :)

Cts catted dp, res delete, stock suitcase + tips. I would say chatter is def there. Exhaust hides it a good bit. If i did nothing I would be fine with it. Maybe in the future i change out trans fluid to a different one which helps the chatter a lot

Edit: chatter noise was a 0, noise is now 25% more maybe if that helps
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Installed my Baum Performance FMIC. Took it on the highway and I think I need to tighten a clamp or two. Pretty sure I heard a small leak and only hit ~24 PSI instead of 26. I'll do that tomorrow and recheck. Temps were much lower than the stock intercooler, by quite a lot. Very happy with the product. Thanks Jake!

danielroth2098

Ready to race!

Had my carbon fiber fender cracked, wheel curbed, and pilot sport destroyed by an idiot,

Navi

Autocross Champion
Damn that sucks. His insurance going to cover the repairs?

Why didn't you guys take pictures and pullover instead of leaving cars blocking the street? The cops don't roll up at accidents like it's a crime scene drawing tracings on the ground. They just write a report of he said/she said, and bounce.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Some babies get accidentally dropped on their heads, that champion was obviously thrown at a wall. What a fuckwit.

"The only bad thing about driving smaller cars is all the semi blind mouth breathers operating the bigger ones."

Sorry to see.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Weird! I would have put money on removing the intake manifold being necessary to gain access.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

You can just remove the charge pipe, radiator fan and throttle body to do the job. Much easier with smaller hands / arms, but takes less time usually.

danielroth2098

Ready to race!
Damn that sucks. His insurance going to cover the repairs?

Why didn't you guys take pictures and pullover instead of leaving cars blocking the street? The cops don't roll up at accidents like it's a crime scene drawing tracings on the ground. They just write a report of he said/she said, and bounce.

Cop on the phone actually instructed us to stay, I had the whole video on dash cam so everything should be good with insurance. He was ticked for careless driving and improper lane change.

danielroth2098

Ready to race!
Some babies get accidentally dropped on their heads, that champion was obviously thrown at a wall. What a fuckwit.

"The only bad thing about driving smaller cars is all the semi blind mouth breathers operating the bigger ones."

Sorry to see.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

All good thankfully it’s not all that bad, just an excuse for carbon fiber mirror caps, hopefully I’ll be able to find a single cf fender

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Got the car back from warranty work to find out it still has the same issue. Hope to see if the dealer up in Michigan can get it fixed

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Took my JB4 out for tomorrow's dealer visit. Wow. I forgot what this car feels like with stock-ish power.

They dismissed my claim of a leaky thermostat and said (like to many others) that it passed the pressure test. I'll live with it for now but need to take care of a leaking oil pan. Couldn't find much info on here about pan leaks so methinks it isn't so common - we'll see what they say.

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Car(s)
milfs
Did some soldering on my APR exhaust flap controller project. Switch gang is in, and I have some microswitches I can use to highjack the button function.

But not without issue, I think I may have gotten a drop of solder somewhere on the backside of the button on the remote, so it wigs out if you hold it wrong. Hoping just slathering it with liquid tape helps...

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Took my JB4 out for tomorrow's dealer visit. Wow. I forgot what this car feels like with stock-ish power.

They dismissed my claim of a leaky thermostat and said (like to many others) that it passed the pressure test. I'll live with it for now but need to take care of a leaking oil pan. Couldn't find much info on here about pan leaks so methinks it isn't so common - we'll see what they say.

My oil pan gasket went bad and was fixed under my extended warranty. Had a leak from the pan gasket as well as the oil level sensor. Cost was something like $500 if I remember correctly. :eek:

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
You can just remove the charge pipe, radiator fan and throttle body to do the job. Much easier with smaller hands / arms, but takes less time usually.

Interesting.... what I'm hearing though, is regardless of the method used they should not have to mess with the core support assembly which is great considering I've got the MAGIC I/C fitting perfect right now.