GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Dan00Hawk

Go Kart Newbie
Found the adjustment torx screw under the fog lights and now have them aimed to be effective yet not irritating to oncoming drivers. Previously my passenger light was aimed quite low.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Technically this was last week buuuut

Nice! Where from?

Cptnjosh

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Sport
Installed my APR wheels and Indy 500 tires.

Looking good! The dark wheels look surprisingly nice on CSG. I have a CSG too , and I have been thinking of a darker set of wheels. How do you like the ride on the 19s? Is it just bearable or feels about the same as the 18s?

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K
There is no resonator offered and it really doesn't need one. Magnaflow mufflers are pretty quiet compared to most. Unlike stock, it is audible but not obnoxious at all. Not a rice racer sound. It does get louder when you stomp on it, but very civilized in commuting. Doesn't seem to have a noticeable drone at cruising RPMs. I have a vibrant resonator that I might put on anyway, to be a bit more stealthy. I would prefer the tone to be a bit throatier, but it sounds pretty nice. If you want to be heard, but not from two blocks away, this kit might be a good option.

I did have to mod it though. The hanger on the passenger side tip was very close to the pipe. So close that I didn't think the rubber isolator would fit. I hammered the hanger to a spot that matched the driver's side tip but doing that made two cracks at the weld. So, I had to pay to get the cracks filled.

If you are getting a professional installation and run into the same issue, they could heat it with a torch and bend it easily. Otherwise, everything fits very well and the tips line up nicely.

Interesting. I know Borla offers theirs with a resonator option - so I assumed the same for the Magnaflow.

Professional installation? What’s that? I prefer the struggle. Hahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vobs56

Ready to race!
Looking good! The dark wheels look surprisingly nice on CSG. I have a CSG too , and I have been thinking of a darker set of wheels. How do you like the ride on the 19s? Is it just bearable or feels about the same as the 18s?

Thanks, yeah I was hesitant about darker wheels and going from 18s to 19s as well. I think it's the finish and color that really make a difference with darker wheels on a dark car. A lot of people throw out dark colored wheels altogether, but I think they can look great as long as you choose the right finish and color. I personally love how APRs gunmetal wheel look on the CSG. I love how the gunmetal matches the color of my carbon fiber accents.

With the ride, I have only driven a few miles across town on nice roads so I have not been able to judge that yet. I imagine there will be a noticeable difference but completely livable. For the comfort I lose from my winter set-up (Michelin X-Ice with Austins), the performance gain for spirited driving with the Indy 500s will be worth it.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Not today but I bought another mk7 last week!!

tigeo

Autocross Champion
CTS turbo muffler delete installed. Holy crap, that's a tough one...lots of cussing/dropping crap into the abyss. Combined with the turbo inlet hose/elbow/pipe and the high flow filter and air box mods, you certainly here more turbo spooling noises. Not sure I'd recommend that install to the faint at heart...

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Installed the powerflex insert track durometer (purple). Installed easily with car on ramps. Test drive went smoothly, although the shudder while in reverse wasn't appealing. Back on the ramps, pulled the insert, trimmed it down to half height (ala black forest stage 1) and reinstalled. No more reverse shudder.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Finally used the OBDEleven that my girlfriend bought for me for Christmas 2017 lol.

Used the apps to enable mirror dip on reverse, Windows with key fob, and urban joke turn signals.

There's a couple more things I want to do with it but have to get the instructions for the long coding first and I was just at my parents doing that yesterday so didn't have time to research

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

thez99

Go Kart Champion
CTS turbo muffler delete installed. Holy crap, that's a tough one...lots of cussing/dropping crap into the abyss. Combined with the turbo inlet hose/elbow/pipe and the high flow filter and air box mods, you certainly here more turbo spooling noises. Not sure I'd recommend that install to the faint at heart...

I feel you there, installed my ECS TMD and turbo inlet pipe a while back, that was a major bitch, along with installing my GFB blow off valve for which I actually had to grind off a very small amount of plastic of metal surrounding it as the length of the BOV wouldn't allow the turbo inlet "arm" to completely seat. All n all still got it done, looks great and sounds awesome, would NOT do it again without the tools I have now

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
Installed Diesel Geek short shifter stuff in my Alltrack. Amazing difference, very precise , nice notched feel. I've had it on a shelf for a year, was to wanting to install cause Inthought it might be tricky.......EASY! Took 75 minutes,,watch the YouTube video first.
AND, removed my orange MSS rear springs and replaced with a pair of Swift springs as described by another member. No more clunk bottoming noise! Higher spring rate, I believe MSS doesn't calculate for increased wagon weight 160lbs at rear. Then if you actually have two people in the back, unacceptable. It is perfect now!

Last edited:

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Supported a large bicycling event yesterday. Here's a shot where I stopped to grab breakfast. The day starts VERY early...

The new rack on the trailer has freed a lot of space in the car. Next time, I'll have room for even more coolers...

I'll put 20 lbs of ice in each of these and fill them on site. Overall, I won't be carrying more weight than before, just spreading it out more efficiently.

njavier03

Ready to race!
Got some new wheels and tires mounted today