GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
LOL, you know you're in the Boston metro region when pics of cars usually include:

1) a chain link fence
2) tall houses with barely enough room for a driveway between them
3) snow

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Another oil change. I don't know why I was resistant to buying an oil extractor at first, it's made oil changes a 20 min, no mess affair. Just make sure you unscrew the filter and let it sit for a while. There's a lot of oil that drains down to the sump when you do.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
At 30k miles i changed the dsg fluid and brake fluid. Tomorrow i'll be cleaning the whole car inside and out. Wednesday i'll be getting my wheels put on

Albapete

Passed Driver's Ed
Another oil change. I don't know why I was resistant to buying an oil extractor at first, it's made oil changes a 20 min, no mess affair. Just make sure you unscrew the filter and let it sit for a while. There's a lot of oil that drains down to the sump when you do.

Extractor? Suck it out instead of pulling the plug?

edrex

Ready to race!
At 30k miles i changed the dsg fluid and brake fluid
How easy/difficult were these things? Coming up on 30k and trying to decide if I should tackle them myself or not

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
How easy/difficult were these things? Coming up on 30k and trying to decide if I should tackle them myself or not

For brake fluid i used my fluid extractor with this attachement and it was stupid easy.

For the dsg fluid change it took a bit of work but if you have the tools it's pretty simple. I went the measure and fill route and filled from the top and had no problem. In fact it felt longer getting the battery tray and air box out.'

If you have any other questions feel free to pm me

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Any reason why you didn't wait until 40k as it states in the manual?

Had the car up on jack stands already and figured i'd do it now over spring break since i had some time to burn. I also got the car used from someone else so it's for piece of mind. Fluid was a little bit dark but didn't seem overly dirty

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Changed direction of the vibrant j spacer. MAP's dp makes it so easy. Didnt even jack the car up. Went through the engine bay, makes it easy to swap to another spacer if need be