GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

TastyPancakes

Ready to race!
Gave her a bath after three straight weeks of rain; really needed it. Finished just was it was getting dark out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bassman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Have her a bath after three straight weeks of rain; really needed it. Finished just was it was getting dark out.

Beautiful silver Neuspeed rims and I love the look of the oem taillights night & day!
You did great!

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Yes it uses the flat Google earth with Audi Connect, it would be so cool to be able to activate this, I would imagine that slows down the rendering somewhat, as it is now it’s pretty fast

Yes, it makes navigating a bit less fluid, I think that's why they turned it off. However, there are a lot of settings in the config file, I'm sure there's a way to improve the performance by changing some of the settings.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Yes, it makes navigating a bit less fluid, I think that's why they turned it off. However, there are a lot of settings in the config file, I'm sure there's a way to improve the performance by changing some of the settings.

It definitely looks cool, I’ll PM you for instructions if you don’t mind. It would great on the virtual cockpit, thanks Chillout

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie

For those of you curious of how to turn on 3D buildings/trees in Google Earth:

On the mib2 debug console, change the following files:

\eso\gemib\gemib.cfg
Code:
#MIBEARTH_USE_3DBUILDINGS=no

should become:
Code:
MIBEARTH_USE_3DBUILDINGS=yes

drivers.ini:
Code:
    ; Force 3d Buildings to be disabled
    RockTree/drawRockTree = false

to

Code:
    ; Force 3d Buildings to be disabled
    RockTree/drawRockTree = true

That's all folks!

This is fascinating. Where is it getting the Google Earth data from? I didn't realize our cars came with SIM card slots? Also, how do you connect to MIB over WiFi?

slow12s

Ready to race!
why did you choose that one as opposed to say they HPA dogbone? Have you felt the HPA before?

Do you have DSG and hows the NVH?

I have the same setup that I'll be installing sometime this week so I'll chime in with why I got it over the HPA

A lot of the faster/higher HP guys in arizona have been running the HPA setup, but the older pucks have shredded over time and every single person I have spoken to in person (not people online that I don't know) has told me the new HPA puck has absolutely unbearable NVH and they are all looking at the APR setup instead...I have also sat in a couple cars with the HPA and the NVH was more than I wanted...I wanted to keep it streetable and I'm hoping the APR dogbone/pendulum setup will do that, I have heard good things, but I'm waiting to see for myself

Last edited:

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
This is fascinating. Where is it getting the Google Earth data from? I didn't realize our cars came with SIM card slots? Also, how do you connect to MIB over WiFi?

North American MIB systems don't have the SIM slot, but many of the ROW units do. My MIB2 retrofit has the LTE connectivity, but my specific Discover Pro head unit doesn't have the SIM slot. That said, my nav does have the 3D buildings and such. The satellite imagery is loaded via the data connection if a SIM is present (and map data exists).

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
I have the same setup that I'll be installing sometime this week so I'll chime in with why I got it over the HPA

A lot of the faster/higher HP guys in arizona have been running the HPA setup, but the older pucks have shredded over time and every single person I have spoken to in person (not people online that I don't know) has told me the new HPA puck has absolutely unbearable NVH and they are all looking at the APR setup instead...I have also sat in a couple cars with the HPA and the NVH was more than I wanted...I wanted to keep it streetable and I'm hoping the APR dogbone/pendulum setup will do that, I have heard good things, but I'm waiting to see for myself

I’m curious, I’ve had both versions of the HPA puck. The revised one definitely has some bad vibrations with my DSG when letting off the brake. Nowhere near as bad as a buddy’s VWR set up but I’m interested in other options.

HPA does feel solid though, I’ll give it that.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
So, in other words you haven't actually done anything to your Mk7 today :rolleyes:. Mind, neither have I - not even seen mine yet - but will be doing a few boring errands later on, though when driving a Golf one doesn't mind quite as much :cool:....

blergrd

Ready to race!
Washed my car. Only for a bird to shit on the windshield overnight. The circle of life continues

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk