GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

gmi99

Passed Driver's Ed
Yep that’s the plan. What clutch are you looking at getting I am debating between the South Bend stage two endurance and Black Forest Industries.

2015 GTI SE 6MT| JB1 | Leyo Intake | Muffler Delete

I went with the semi DIY TTRS clutch. It’s the TTRS pressure plate and a Sachs organic friction disc. My stock flywheel turned out to be pristine, so I didn’t replace it. Now has 7k miles on it at stage 2 and it holds perfectly. Slightly heavier pedal than stock w/no chatter. Cost me ~$550 before install.

Mathuemc

Passed Driver's Ed
Handbrake boot install. Alcantara part 2/3

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Goodbye, ugly airbag warning light...

A whopping $7.10 from China, with free shipping...

http://r.ebay.com/p4B5Mw

Incredibly perfect fit, looks 100% OEM. Actual brushed aluminum (or some kind of metal), not just some sticker. And looks quite subtle. Excellent way to lose the ugly airbag warning beacon, which is about 800x brighter and more obnoxious than it should be.

nype

Drag Racing Champion

Incredibly perfect fit, looks 100% OEM. Actual brushed aluminum (or some kind of metal), not just some sticker. And looks quite subtle. Excellent way to lose the ugly airbag warning beacon, which is about 800x brighter and more obnoxious than it should be.

I thought you bought the badgeskinz one?

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Handbrake boot install. Alcantara part 2/3

Wow much want!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

chid

Ready to race!

Yes!
Is this a cover that clips on top of the existing one? How well it holds? Can be used to mount a phone support?

Mathuemc

Passed Driver's Ed
How about the parking brake?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
The parking brake is from BFI. The real Clubsport model has an e-parking brake. This looks nice, but the dimensions are a little off from stock, so with the handbrake down the top of the boot is pretty tight. It looks a little odd.

Last edited:

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Yes!
Is this a cover that clips on top of the existing one? How well it holds? Can be used to mount a phone support?

It is peel-n-stick with 3M adhesive on the back. What's nice is you can slide it around ever so slightly once it's in place for perfect alignment. I doubt it's going anywhere but I probably wouldn't mount a phone to it either, though it would probably hold fine. It's a really well-made piece with slightly rounded edges and fits perfectly. For just $7.10 (including postage all the way from China!), it's an incredible bargain.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Ah yes Grasshoppa, you have a very good memory. Indeed I did. But I bought this one as well, and much prefer it after waiting for both to arrive and choosing between them.

Oh, great...I have the badgeskinz on the way...

Much prefer it (eBay unit) from a looks perspective? Or fit? Both?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Dang...

I’m sure i have seen multiple on eBay and Ali which seem to be the same product.