GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Did my 50k maintenance today. Fresh liquid moly in the engine and Motul for the transmission. It's definitely notchie till the trans comes up to temp, but then it feels good. Definitely wouldn't recommend for colder climates, it was 72* here today. 62* on my drive to work tonight so I haven't had it cold, but even starting from there it took 10 mins to feel right

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Did my 50k maintenance today. Fresh liquid moly in the engine and Motul for the transmission. It's definitely notchie till the trans comes up to temp, but then it feels good. Definitely wouldn't recommend for colder climates, it was 72* here today. 62* on my drive to work tonight so I haven't had it cold, but even starting from there it took 10 mins to feel right

That transfer pump looks familiar, lol. I used the motul 300 gear down to 9 degree Fahrenheit ambient and i'll report that the shifts are a bit notchy for the first shift or two and becomes an improvement thereafter.

IMO, the notchy feeling at the beginning outweighs the whining noise and other lesser performance attributes from the OEM fluid.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Navi

Autocross Champion
I'm in NY running motor 300 also. it's notchy as fuck in the morning when I first start the car but then I kind of just forget about it. Honestly the GTI shifter what's felt notchy to me so it's no different

edit: motul 300, not motor.. sorry iphone autocorrect

Last edited:

railroader

Autocross Newbie

I am running the redline MTL in mine and it's been good, not notchy at all.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mr.Tebo

Ready to race!
I am running the redline MTL in mine and it's been good, not notchy at all.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I also have redline MTL. Definitely notchy on cold starts under 30 degrees. Once it warms up its fine. May try the gear 300 next go around. Also have apr short shift kit im sure that hasn't helped on the cold starts

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Navi

Autocross Champion
yeah motul 300 is notchy on cold starts until it warms up. Not sure what is the optimal temperature for it but seems to be fine after 10 minutes of driving. I'm running the S3 shifter and oem metal shift bracket with metal shift cable bushings as well as shift bracket bushings. Guess that doesn't help lol

Rickys

Installed and coded 2018 Golf R NA spec tails. They're full LED, including blinkers/brake lights and reverse lights.

Thanks Jbale for an excellent deal / christmas present!

Looks really good, were they plug and play?

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
yeah motul 300 is notchy on cold starts until it warms up. Not sure what is the optimal temperature for it but seems to be fine after 10 minutes of driving. I'm running the S3 shifter and oem metal shift bracket with metal shift cable bushings as well as shift bracket bushings. Guess that doesn't help lol
Actually it does help, having metal shift bushings helps the driver to know when the transmission is in gear :cool:

normcaldwell

Go Kart Newbie
Did my 50k maintenance today. Fresh liquid moly in the engine and Motul for the transmission. It's definitely notchie till the trans comes up to temp, but then it feels good. Definitely wouldn't recommend for colder climates, it was 72* here today. 62* on my drive to work tonight so I haven't had it cold, but even starting from there it took 10 mins to feel right.

Jake, where did you get the fluid transfer pump/hose combo?
I'm looking for one, and that setup looks pretty good.

MEM GTI

Ready to race!
Today I dodged a bullet. Sort of. We decided to take the wife’s car to the in laws’ for Christmas. Brother in law managed to back into her CR-V even though there’s more than enough room... so the GTI was spared, but it sucks to have a dented door and messed up wheel well on a car that hasn’t had its first oil change yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!
This was actually last night. MAPerformance DP was delivered, and I immediately installed it. First picture is the DP installed before I ever turned the car on after the install. Second picture is after about 60 miles of driving.

Very happy with this DP, it’s the catted (non GESI) and non resonated. I went back and forth a lot on going resonated or not. Very happy I didn’t go resonated, as there is zero drone with the stock catback. As others have mentioned it’s very tame/subtle under light throttle/cruising. When you go WOT, it just makes you smile. DSG farts are very audible at shifts over 4K rpm. VERY happy with this purchase/product. [emoji482]

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Looks really good, were they plug and play?
Jbale prototyped a harness and came up with the required coding. I put my coding back to stock since i previously had the urban joke mod and used his provided harnesses and coding. Took 20 mins from start to finish.

IMO, the rear of the GTi has always looked a bit "blah" and i think these lights make a significant difference with helping improve the looks of the tail end.