GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
I applied to any and all of the hard black plastic trim on the car. Upper and lower grilles (yes, these are tedious), fog light strakes, bumper "lips", windshield cowling, side skirts, rear valence/diffuser, etc. I even did the rear wiper plastic trim. No need to remove the wipers - i just put them in service mode and worked the applicator into as many nooks and crannies as I could. The key is prepping and cleaning everything beforehand, so the coating adheres and lasts. But it's so worth it. Still holding up great after about a year. (Mind you, my car is 3+ years old and parked outside all the time).

Dammit.

It looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
I treat all my plastics, vinyl inside and out with 303 Aerospace products and they are phenomenal and don't break the bank. Look them up on Amazon. I use their quick detailer too.

LA KINGS

Passed Driver's Ed
Installed RocEuro MQB Drivetrain Stabilizer. Sorry didn't have take any pics while under the car. My first simple mechanical mod since installing a Kart Boy short throw shifter and poly linkage bushings in my '05 Subaru Legacy GT. DSG shifts are a lot smoother now, especially when coming to a stop in D (no more downshift to 2/1 jerkiness). Can't get it to wheel hop either, but we'll see what happens with that later as JB4 is next, then probably a catted UR downpipe.

Oh man!! I thought I was going nuts, the 2/1 jerkiness is driving me up the wall but thought it was just an inherent part of DSG as I've never driven a DSG before. I was having to shift into 1st before the car did it to keep it from happening. Ordered this and hope it solves that issue.

WOOOOW $45 to ship it to Southern California. This can't be right. that's half the price of the part

Last edited:

nate704

Go Kart Champion
Oh man!! I thought I was going nuts, the 2/1 jerkiness is driving me up the wall but thought it was just an inherent part of DSG as I've never driven a DSG before. I was having to shift into 1st before the car did it to keep it from happening. Ordered this and hope it solves that issue.

WOOOOW $45 to ship it to Southern California. This can't be right. that's half the price of the part

You should call the owner and ask for the USPS priority mail which should be around $15-$16. It's just a piece of metal and a couple of bolts.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
You should call the owner and ask for the USPS priority mail which should be around $15-$16. It's just a piece of metal and a couple of bolts.

He has USPS on there but it's $46, more than USPS Express for some reason... Really weird, I'd call. The other thing you can do is just paddle down (once) when rolling to a stop. This will put the transmission in self preservation mode and it won't downshift until 800-1000rpm, which you won't be able to feel.

Evil Minion

Ready to race!

Yeah, that can't be right... I'd definitely call them, they're very quick to respond to even an email.

On a side note, here's a little shot of the installed part since no one else has one up:

Attachments

• Photo Oct 01, 12 37 32 PM.jpg
    Photo Oct 01, 12 37 32 PM.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 1,031

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I keep seeing people talk about this RocEuro mount but seeing pictures makes it hard to believe that it doesnt cause any NVH. I need to replace my bent 034 dogbone since it no longer prevents wheel hop like it used to, but I won't go poly mounts because of the NVH. Is this really as good as everyone says?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I keep seeing people talk about this RocEuro mount but seeing pictures makes it hard to believe that it doesnt cause any NVH. I need to replace my bent 034 dogbone since it no longer prevents wheel hop like it used to, but I won't go poly mounts because of the NVH. Is this really as good as everyone says?

I think the big difference is that it prevents rotational movement. The torque arm can still flex the OE insert fore and aft, but should do a good job of locking down rotational movement. It is the insert that affects NVH, not the pendulum arm. I got some pretty nasty hop on my stock 'kooks before I put the arm in and didn't get any afterwards. I am not getting any on my zLine's either, but PSS might still hop, I can't say.