bigdave79

Ready to race!

5mm spacers on the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you use longer bolts?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

njavier03

Ready to race!
I can't speak for him, but yes you will need longer bolts.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Nice! Much better.

The stock wheel gap on the golf is something to behold.

Have you seen the Brazilian-spec Golfs? They are literally "lifted" from the factory. There's like 5 inches between the wheels and the fender.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Have you seen the Brazilian-spec Golfs? They are literally "lifted" from the factory. There's like 5 inches between the wheels and the fender.

Lol surprised someone hasnt tried to source the parts yet. I know how much people on vortex lust over parts not available in the US.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie

My 2006 Mk4 Golf TDI was built in Curitiba Brazil for the US market. Still, with 15" wheels, it had sizable wheel gap.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
My 2006 Mk4 Golf TDI was built in Curitiba Brazil for the US market. Still, with 15" wheels, it had sizable wheel gap.

Interesting! Didn't know they had another factory besides Puebla over here in the "Mericas (besides the Passat factory in Chatanooga)

njavier03

Ready to race!
Well I'm more interested bc we have the same wheels and I was planning on getting a 5mm spacer too lol. I just wanted to see if it was enough.

njavier03

Ready to race!

Finally installed the US Millworks plate frame. I prefer to not have it at all, but my tint is already darker than the legal limit for VA.

bpw

Ready to race!
Today I dropped in an aFe filter popped out the snow guard and installed a unitronic intercooler. I'm impressed. Great products on both pieces. Install wasn't that bad reading up on it is more intimidating than actually doing it. Give yourself 5-6 hours if your OK with mechanics. I'm sure a pro could bang it out in 3.