GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
By gains do you mean a few HP?

Just got done with my wire harness install. Didn't break the rubber grommet things for the wire hose going from car to hatch lid, but they don't seem flush as before. Anyone see this? I remember them smashing against the metal, there's now a 1mm gap at the thickest point. Should I be concerned about water leaking in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks like trouble waiting to happen

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
By gains do you mean a few HP?

Just got done with my wire harness install. Didn't break the rubber grommet things for the wire hose going from car to hatch lid, but they don't seem flush as before. Anyone see this? I remember them smashing against the metal, there's now a 1mm gap at the thickest point. Should I be concerned about water leaking in?

Wire harness for what?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion
Wire harness for what?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Led tails. Those are the rubber tunnels that feed wire to the latch and are a bitch to remove without busting tabs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Hackett896

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally got my winter wheels on.

Got the tires and winter wheels for a good price. Just a bit more than what I could have bought the tires for on tirerack.com. Plus the VW dealership is storing my wheel and tire setup for me in the tire shop. Gotta love the customer service in Germany!

Hackett896

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally got my winter wheels on.

Got the tires and winter wheels for a good price. Just a bit more than what I could have bought the tires for on tirerack.com. Plus the VW dealership is storing my wheel and tire setup for me in the tire shop. Gotta love the customer service in Germany!

Oh yeah, sorry for the dirty car. The weather had been crap...

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
Looking mighty fine!

Thank you sir!

Put silicon around it just in case, that's what I did when I broke mine [emoji4]almost 2 years with no leak

That looks like trouble waiting to happen

Led tails. Those are the rubber tunnels that feed wire to the latch and are a bitch to remove without busting tabs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thing is, I didn't break them!! Clips all in tact, just doesn't sit as flush before :/

Well its pouring down rain now, and I really can't afford an electrical disaster, what silicon product should I put around the seal? I don't have caulk gun :eek:, do I have alternatives? About to go to home depot or lowes.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Thank you sir!

Thing is, I didn't break them!! Clips all in tact, just doesn't sit as flush before :/

Well its pouring down rain now, and I really can't afford an electrical disaster, what silicon product should I put around the seal? I don't have caulk gun :eek:, do I have alternatives? About to go to home depot or lowes.

Something is not sitting correctly or the new wires are not loose enough to leave a slack at that particular location maybe causing the rubber tube to move out of place, remember that you are installing extra wires that are not supposed to be there, make sure that the wires are loose enough and try to sit the grommet flush again, or go to auto zone and by clear silicon, they sell a small tube for a few bucks

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
Something is not sitting correctly or the new wires are not loose enough to leave a slack at that particular location maybe causing the rubber tube to move out of place, remember that you are installing extra wires that are not supposed to be there, make sure that the wires are loose enough and try to sit the grommet flush again, or go to auto zone and by clear silicon, they sell a small tube for a few bucks

Hmm not loose enough wires could be it, I am just scared to remove it again and end up breaking it. I will check out that clear silicon.

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie

Put electrical tape for now. Is this the product you were talking about?

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Put electrical tape for now. Is this the product you were talking about?

To be honest I can't remember haha but it looks like it, That was almost 2 years ago. That should work but make sure that the area is dry before using it

Last edited: