GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Looks great! What did they do about those PA inspection stickers in the corner of the windshield? Do they tint under them or around them?

Lmike6453

Ready to race!
Looks great! What did they do about those PA inspection stickers in the corner of the windshield? Do they tint under them or around them?
Thanks man I'm digging it! So they cut out around the stickers, very close to the top and the sides. And leave underneath of them untinted/cut out completely.

When removing the sticker you just remove it from the top part of the sticker downward where there's no tint. Use a carbon blade to not ruin tint and they're really cool and gave me a few to do it myself.

That way I'll always do it myself so it never gets messed up on removal and just tell the shop doing inspection to not put the sticker over the tint

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Installed the OE VW load bars, Swiss cargo 3-1 Kayak carrier and kayak lol

Overall pretty happy with the load bar kit. Will most likely be adding thin felt to the clamps today as they do go directly on the paint

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Installed the OE VW load bars, Swiss cargo 3-1 Kayak carrier and kayak lol

Overall pretty happy with the load bar kit. Will most likely be adding thin felt to the clamps today as they do go directly on the paint

I have heard of some adding Laminex film to these locations to protect the paint.
For info.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
I have heard of some adding Laminex film to these locations to protect the paint.
For info.

Thank you for that info, I'll be sure to look into that as well!

surfwagon

Ready to race!
Installed the 034 aluminum dogbone insert.

Lmike6453

Ready to race!
Thanks man I'm digging it! So they cut out around the stickers, very close to the top and the sides. And leave underneath of them untinted/cut out completely.

When removing the sticker you just remove it from the top part of the sticker downward where there's no tint. Use a carbon blade to not ruin tint and they're really cool and gave me a few to do it myself.

That way I'll always do it myself so it never gets messed up on removal and just tell the shop doing inspection to not put the sticker over the tint

Here I took a pic where you can see how it's cut out

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Here I took a pic where you can see how it's cut out

Wow. Why didn't they just peel them off and restick them instead off cutting around?

Lmike6453

Ready to race!
Wow. Why didn't they just peel them off and restick them instead off cutting around?
Because when inspection time comes and they have to be changed, it'll peel away the tint itself along with the sticker
uh? I thought having tint on the windshield is illegal?
Not sure about legality but I know in PA you can have 70% and above on front windows, and this llumar air 80 windshield tint is only 78%. It doesn't even look like tint

Plus I'm 20% all around on windows so I'm already illegal haha

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion
Debadged my Golf SE and installed my new vanity plate.

I was going to add a chrome 2008 Rabbit emblem but it curves in the wrong direction. :(

Ordered it from AlieExpress. Guess you get what you pay for.
Bend it.
I bent my side black emblems. Money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk