GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Busy day today. Accomplished three things:

#1. Installed ProClip (aka Brodit) mount for my iPhone 6+. Nice and clean for such a honking huge phone

#2. Got 3M Crystalline tint installed. I absolutely do NOT like limo-level tint. I went with Crystalline 40 on my Focus ST two years ago and even that was too dark for my taste. For the GTI, I went with 50 on the rears and hatch and 70 on the fronts. Tint on front windows is illegal in my state, so I wanted a noticeable contrast to avoid unwanted attention from law enforcement

#3. Did my post break-in oil change at 1,000 miles. Factory fill oil and filter both looked real good. I detected zero metallic particles. This was a nice surprise. Factory fill on my Focus ST (also at 1,000 miles) had a noticeable metallic sheen to it in the collection pan, as if somebody had sprinkled silver powder in it.

The good stuff

Looks good for factory fill in a DI gas engine with spirited break-in

Craig A

Passed Driver's Ed
Used it to move to a new place, banged my subs around during the move and broke off the divider between the positive voltage and ground terminal. If I hook this up as seen will it arc and do bad things? I feel like it will...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
You will be fine - it won't arc.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Went from this

To this...

VWR springs and the ECS tuning flush kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks awesome! Mine are sitting in the garage waiting for cooler weather to install. Can't wait to get them on!

nRRe

Passed Driver's Ed
my Sparco Trofeo 5's 18x8's came in with some Firehawk Indy 500 225/40/18's.... but i didn't get them on =(

so tomorrow they'll be on and tomorrow i get my lowering springs but i don't think i'll have time to put em on before i have to goto work...

KCchiefin

Ready to race!
Busy day today. Accomplished three things:

#1. Installed ProClip (aka Brodit) mount for my iPhone 6+. Nice and clean for such a honking huge phone

I really like that. I haven't been able to mount my phone holder due to the interior texture so I've been looking for a new one. Where'd you get yours?

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
I really like that. I haven't been able to mount my phone holder due to the interior texture so I've been looking for a new one. Where'd you get yours?

I got it straight from the ProClipUSA dot com website. Beware, they are pricey, but high quality. Shipping was very fast.

mkygod

Ready to race!
I've been using the magnetic ventclip kind and it works like a dream (6 magnet Spigen brand). Highly recommended if you want it to be in view to the right of your speedo and if you want one handed mounting/dismounting. Plus it's in front of your vents, so you can cool your phone down if you need to or just close the vent if using the heater.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I've been using the magnetic ventclip kind and it works like a dream (6 magnet Spigen brand). Highly recommended if you want it to be in view to the right of your speedo and if you want one handed mounting/dismounting. Plus it's in front of your vents, so you can cool your phone down if you need to or just close the vent if using the heater.

I do the exact same thing, I use to have a ProClip mount in another car and it is first class for sure, my only issue was that it was on the same spot as the GTI and I didn't like that that's why I didn't bother to install one mine this time around

Ruuffiiooooo

Which size is that do you know? I might wanna give it a try but they have them in varrying sizes of 270 or 300mm

Just clipped on my Broadway convex mirror. This goes on all my daily drivers. You can see behind the car and both blind spots in one glance. Both sun visors clear it without obstruction. They make non-tinted as well if blue is not your thing.

Comparison vs Stock (car and camera in same location for both shots - notice how you can see the shed in driver side blind spot with Broadway - cool):

Stock

Broadway

DanJoy

Ready to race!
Used the OBDEleven to allow windows up/down with the key-fob. Then made the wife come outside and watch it. :D

Did the same with my girlfriend, she wasn't nearly as impressed as I was.

Coded fan level on with auto climate control and 4 brake lights/turn signal today. I learned brake light is "bremslicht" in German. Scheduled my appointment for Llumar CTX for Friday.

KCchiefin

Ready to race!
I got it straight from the ProClipUSA dot com website. Beware, they are pricey, but high quality. Shipping was very fast.

Awesome thank you! Edit: Hot damn you weren't kidding about the price. I ordered the dashboard mount and will find another phone holder to attach to it. can't justify $40 for that simple piece.

Eh I've never really been a fan of vent mounted stuff. I gotta have that unrestricted airflow in the summertime lol.

Forge BOV and Mishimoto intake came in yesterday.

Last edited: