Attachments

• image000000(12) (1024x576).jpg
    image000000(12) (1024x576).jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 615

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
The rear metal timing cover on Toyota 3.3 V6 doesn't need to be removed to get the WP out. Just remove the two studs guiding the pump, slightly pry away the cover from the block while wiggling the pump out. :D

What do you do if the studs are frozen in place with corrosion, the e-torx heads are broken off and stud extractors can't remove them? Like I said, I have a lot of experience. :D I guess I did type my story incorrectly so that explains the confusion. I forgot to include all the details, my bad, and worded it as if you have to do that every time. In the end, it is usually easier and less time consuming to just remove the cam gear and unbolt some of the rear timing cover bolts. Removing the cam gear with the proper tool takes all of a minute, and removing the timing cover bolts with an air ratchet takes the same, so similar time to removing the studs and prying the cover up slightly.

Got my I.E dogbone insert today, installing it tomorrow.

Last edited:

emanon

Ready to race!
ST rear swaybar and clubsport s muffler arrived yesterday. Not nearly as fun but also installed the deautokey led reverse bulbs and trunk lights.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Had my engagement party last Saturday and my future in-laws bought me an Oris watch as an engagement gift! It is my first automatic watch after wearing my Tag Heuer Formula 1 watch for the past 12.5 years.
Finally took a picture of it in the car today.

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Got the amplifiers ready to go, now I need to run the power and signal wires in the car. Wish there was an elf that would come and do this for me.

Last edited:

njavier03

Ready to race!
Had my engagement party last Saturday and my future in-laws bought me an Oris watch as an engagement gift! It is my first automatic watch after wearing my Tag Heuer Formula 1 watch for the past 12.5 years.

Very nice! Congrats! Now you need a decent winder, so that it doesn’t die. Unless you’re going to wear it at least every other day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

njavier03

Ready to race!
aFe dry drop in and ECS silicone inlet hose. Removed the snow grate too.

slide13

Ready to race!

Great gift, that's a very good looking watch! I’ve been into watches for a long time, love mechanical timepieces.

And if you wear it every day no winder needed!

njavier03

Ready to race!
Interesting, I bought some Nokya H15s and they didn't fit into the bulb holders? I wonder if they changed the shaped/design this was in March 2015.

Maybe quality control issues?

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Very nice! Congrats! Now you need a decent winder, so that it doesn’t die. Unless you’re going to wear it at least every other day.

Thanks! I will be wearing this watch as often as possible. I should be getting my new similarly styled leather strap in the mail soon to keep the original is like new status for decades to come.
Any suggestions for winders? After receiving this timepiece, I have already decided I will be buying myself a Rolex after my house is paid off! So this will not be my last mechanical watch. I am done with Quartz movement watches.

Great gift, that's a very good looking watch! I’ve been into watches for a long time, love mechanical timepieces.

And if you wear it every day no winder needed!

Thank you very much! This is a classic looking timepeice that will age well. Very elegant in its style and comfortable to wear.