GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
I installed my new Golf R LED tails this weekend; but after installation I noticed a small crack on one of the lenses. I tried seeing if it could be polished out, maybe it's a scratch but it's definitely a small crack. :(

Working on getting in touch with the UK VW dealer that sold them to me to see what can be done. Pretty bummed about it since the lights look great otherwise...

i got my set from the UK also and had a crack in a lens because there wasn't enough packaging materials from VW themselves. everything was rattling around. The savings turned into zero and probably cost me more, as returning the bad set cost over $100+ to ship it back.

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
washed/clay/polish/wax/seal and oem orange peel on the doors is annoying. of course it rained while driving an hour later
#nofilter

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
sorry, but that red mirror cover stands out in weird way that doesn't blend in with the rest of the car and color pattern.
It looks like you lost the mirror cap and got one from a junk yard, and couldn't afford to get it painted.

You don't like it. We get it. The last comment was particularly silly. To each his own.

Personally, I think it looks great, and totally disagree that it "doesn't blend in" with the rest of the car - they match the calipers and fender "GTI" logo, and red goes good with the color of the car. IMHO.

Pingers

Ready to race!
You don't like it. We get it. The last comment was particularly silly. To each his own.

Personally, I think it looks great, and totally disagree that it "doesn't blend in" with the rest of the car - they match the calipers and fender "GTI" logo, and red goes good with the color of the car. IMHO.

I think he should have added flames. Everything looks cooler with flames. :D

MEM GTI

Ready to race!

I obviously like it bc my picture was the original one responded to. Like I said then, not for everyone but I think it's a stretch to day it totally doesn't work or blend or whatever. It's a little more edgy than most people want, but it's a perfect color match with other accents. I bought an oettinger roof spoiler and I'm considering doing it in tornado red too. That might be too much for me though. Can't decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soflo-nochi

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks fine from here. Not my taste personally, but it looks fine. Thought recently about making some vinyl mirror accents for those who want a splash of red on their black (or other colored) mirror caps. I'll have to mock something up.

How about a red pin strip right over the turn signal light?

--2017 MK7 GTI PP Autobahn

cruzmisl

Ready to race!
I wish we got that color stateside. CSG too dark for me, and platinum silver is too 'silver'. I love white but I 100% would have gone with that over white.

cruzmisl

Ready to race!
washed/clay/polish/wax/seal and oem orange peel on the doors is annoying. of course it rained while driving an hour later
#nofilter

I had a black G37S before this, and when I was done detailing it, the reflection was ridiculous. I'm not sure there is a prettier color for getting a nice detail with.

Unfortunately it gets covered in pollen/dust 5 seconds later. :(

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
I had a black G37S before this, and when I was done detailing it, the reflection was ridiculous. I'm not sure there is a prettier color for getting a nice detail with.

Unfortunately it gets covered in pollen/dust 5 seconds later. :(

Yeah.. But black looks awesome for 30 seconds... So I have to take as many pictures as possible in that time frame because it'll need to be washed again at the 31 second mark.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk