GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

mikeemorales

Passed Driver's Ed
Are you guys who are dropping and widening your vehicles noticing any problems in handling and stability? I read somewhere that changing these things can cause stability problems at high speeds, or in situations where you have to react quickly.

I'd like to add spacers and drop the Sport, but the ride is already pretty rough IMO, and I'm in pothole central. Not sure I want to compromise performance for looks.

My car is maxed out on s1 coilovers/with 18x8.5 and a 35 offset sitting pretty flush. I feel more planted to the ground, especially on turns or curves. There aren't much potholes in my area so I can't speak too much on the stability problems you mention, but at highspeeds my car seems pretty firm. The first week of owning the car I hated the stock stance.

Maybe sway bars would help you out stability wise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Are you guys who are dropping and widening your vehicles noticing any problems in handling and stability? I read somewhere that changing these things can cause stability problems at high speeds, or in situations where you have to react quickly.

I'd like to add spacers and drop the Sport, but the ride is already pretty rough IMO, and I'm in pothole central. Not sure I want to compromise performance for looks.

I think that would depend on how wide and low you're talking about. That low life stuff would be a pothole nightmare. If you're talking an inch to an inch and a half drop, you're talking sportier, but I haven't had any issues.

spiker369

on air, don't care

I never noticed any issues on my mk6. Bagged with fender to lip fitment. That being said, I don't have experience with spacers which is what I think you've read about. I personally don't think anything above a 5mm spacer is worth it, just get the proper offset wheels from the beginning if going aftermarket. Obviously for flush stocks you'd need spacers. Either way, you've got to pay2play. ;P

DSL_G8

Passed Driver's Ed
Wiper delete + vinyl behind badge. Earlier this week I did OEM tails and dropped the car.

Have you had any adverse affect from the delete thus far? Any reasons why someone would or would not want to do this mod?

spiker369

on air, don't care
Have you had any adverse affect from the delete thus far? Any reasons why someone would or would not want to do this mod?

I used the same plug I had on my mk6. I had it on there for years with no issues. Just got new o-rings from UroTuning. I never use the rear wiper (even living in constant rain south Florida) and I think it looks cleaner without it. Easy enough to swap back on at any point once you've done it a few times lol.

DSL_G8

Passed Driver's Ed
I used the same plug I had on my mk6. I had it on there for years with no issues. Just got new o-rings from UroTuning. I never use the rear wiper (even living in constant rain south Florida) and I think it looks cleaner without it. Easy enough to swap back on at any point once you've done it a few times lol.

Ha! Funny you say that. I am originally from Southwest Miami Dade (Cutler Ridge), and never used a rear wiper down there. Being in Georgia, NC, and Virginia, changed that, but I am still thinking about deleting it. I have to wait for about 6 weeks to turn in my TDI before I can actually pick a GTI, but that looks to be one of the first things I'd like to take care of.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
I never noticed any issues on my mk6. Bagged with fender to lip fitment. That being said, I don't have experience with spacers which is what I think you've read about. I personally don't think anything above a 5mm spacer is worth it, just get the proper offset wheels from the beginning if going aftermarket. Obviously for flush stocks you'd need spacers. Either way, you've got to pay2play. ;P

Actually something like a 5mm spacer up front is no good because of hub clearance. Then you're talking vibrations. Flush kit didn't notice any issues. I'd be more worried running them up front than anything because FWD cars already demand so much from front wheels.

Get a good offset and wheel width and then you won't need them up front. I just run spacers on the backend.

bennybmn

Ready to race!
Finally was able to apply Rejex http://www.rejex.com/rejex.html to the car as I just bought it last month. I've used this product on a few of my cars and it really does work.

Also received my Weathertech Gloss Black License plate frame today and promptly put it on. http://www.weathertech.com/clearframe/

Bottle says to apply it every 6 months - I only did it once a year.
I do use a either a California Duster or wet shami to wipe it down as I keep it clean and try to not let any build up occur.

If the car starts loosing that wax feel when you slide your hand down the fender, I will then give it a once over with Maquire's Quick Detail spray and it looks freshly waxed. I had used this on a black and dark blue cars over the last few years and my routine worked well.....I suspect white/Oryx will hold up great.....it pays to have a garage plus here in FL, never see any salty/slushy roads. ;)
Looks like an interesting product! How do you think it would be on say the tupperware fender flairs on the Alltrack? Or any non-glossy surface?

Skymasterztl

Ha! Funny you say that. I am originally from Southwest Miami Dade (Cutler Ridge), and never used a rear wiper down there. Being in Georgia, NC, and Virginia, changed that, but I am still thinking about deleting it. I have to wait for about 6 weeks to turn in my TDI before I can actually pick a GTI, but that looks to be one of the first things I'd like to take care of.
What dealership are you shopping and what trim did you decide on? I went to 4 in the ATL area over several weeks with a revisit or two. Ended up getting an SE at Jim Ellis Kennesaw, less add-on crap and they negotiated much better then the others.

Pyzon

Ready to race!
Washed 3 weeks of winter junk off and installed Rexing V1P

Last edited:

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion