GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Silent's GTI build

jb99875

Ready to race!
[2015 VW GTI Autobahn PP DSG] Well, I thought it would be longer before I start my own car journal, but the addiction to performance/visual mods is too much. I've made a lot more progress on my car than anticipated. Thank you to all the members that have put down the ground work when modifying MK7s. It has allowed me to make the progress I have made today. So lets start!

Current Mods:

Note: They are in order from first to last.

-Tinted windows 35% front 5% Rear

-Plasti dip badges/emblems

-CTS intake

-CTS Catted downpipe

-Unitronic Stage 2

-Platypus License plate mount

-OEM Roof rack

-Thule 44" Fairing

-DeAutoKey H7RC HID conversion

-DeAutoKey LED license plate

-VWR Springs

-Sparco Trofeo 5 18x8, 235/40/18 PSS

-DeAutoKey H15 DRL

-S2T B2 black anodized paddles

-CTS turbo muffler delete

-CTS turbo inlet pipe

-Unitronic Inter cooler

Mods on order:

-OEM mudflaps (Need to install)

-IS38/(purchased, Awaiting funds to install)

If you have any questions, just ask. I new to VW but I love researching and catch on quick. Below are progression pictures of my car. Small shout out, I've had Zinkwerks here in DFW Do all my work I don't do they have done a great job so far!

First day.

VWR install.

Current setup.

My cat.

Last edited:

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Your car is looking very nice. Unique with the wheels but tasteful and clean looking. I have CSG too and it's such a cool color. If only it stayed clean for more than 1 day.

Not sure if you'd be into this (some people don't care for them) but personally I think the cherry euro tails look amazing on CSG, and really class up the rear end, if you know what I mean. :eek:

I don't mean to discourage you on the turbo muffler delete (I just installed one myself on sale from Eurocode), but they are widely accepted as a waste of money. In retrospect would have to concur. I was hoping it would add some DV noise but it did not really. Maybe it would in combo with an intake. However, I like putting parts on my car, so at least that was fun.

Looking forward to seeing what you do next.

jb99875

Ready to race!
Your car is looking very nice. Unique with the wheels but tasteful and clean looking. I have CSG too and it's such a cool color. If only it stayed clean for more than 1 day.

Not sure if you'd be into this (some people don't care for them) but personally I think the cherry euro tails look amazing on CSG, and really class up the rear end, if you know what I mean. :eek:

I don't mean to discourage you on the turbo muffler delete (I just installed one myself on sale from Eurocode), but they are widely accepted as a waste of money. In retrospect would have to concur. I was hoping it would add some DV noise but it did not really. Maybe it would in combo with an intake. However, I like putting parts on my car, so at least that was fun.

Looking forward to seeing what you do next.

Thank you! Yeah i love the color and ditto on keeping it clean I've never had a car that shows dirt so quickly. Yeah I've been eyeing the euro lights for a bit now not quite sold on them yet.

I've read on the forums that its a waste but my local shop got my the muffler delete/turbo inlet for 200 bucks, I'm hoping those 2 with the CTS intake will really bring out the turbo sound.(I'm set on keeping the stock DV) They should be here in the next week, so i will give an update on sound/power consistency on the 2 parts. Are you still running the stock intake?

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Thank you! Yeah i love the color and ditto on keeping it clean I've never had a car that shows dirt so quickly. Yeah I've been eyeing the euro lights for a bit now not quite sold on them yet.

I've read on the forums that its a waste but my local shop got my the muffler delete/turbo inlet for 200 bucks, I'm hoping those 2 with the CTS intake will really bring out the turbo sound.(I'm set on keeping the stock DV) They should be here in the next week, so i will give an update on sound/power consistency on the 2 parts. Are you still running the stock intake?

Yup, stock intake. Threw in an aFe Pro Dry S filter and pulled out the snow guard. Everything else is stock power-wise, too. I have the manual transmission so I've been a bit hesitant to pull the trigger on a tune as the clutch would be expensive to replace. I want to down the line though.

The euro tails aren't for everybody I guess. I will say they look especially good in person vs. pics online. If you keep the stock housings I recommend trying some deAutoKey tail bulbs. Makes them look much better at night.