GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
How many coats of the red did you use?
I did 2 coats of each.

It was in the 60s here when I did it so I warmed the cans with hot tap water, and kept the pieces inside in between coats.

I also waited 36 hours after the last coat to handle them.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
This morning around 4 am driving down at around 55 in a backroad turn some animal (looked like a small coyote) bolted from the opposite side of the road, barely had time to slowdown. Hit felt hard, so I knew there was going to be some cosmetic damage, but within second the radiator light came on. Pulled over and turned the car off and this is what I ended up with. The AC radiator looks intact, but whatever it was hit just right and broke the outlet/inlet of the radiator. Waiting on a tow to take me to a second shop, as the Caliber Collision USAA sent me don’t take VWs, and the one across the street don’t take USAA.

IMG_0958.jpeg
IMG_0959.jpeg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

ChristopherNeil

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Dropped my car off at the dealer and my CEL took the day off. P2004/2006/2015 for the last week or so, and I check/clear the light everytime I start the car. Schedule my appointment and of course it doesn't illuminate and they can't warranty w/o a CEL.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Hoon sent me a new tune for my is38 GTI to correct the DV Hang issue where at low speed/ part throttle the DV would hang open bleeding boost and then suddenly shut and the car would surge forward.

This has been a persistent issue, albeit a small one that I've had forever and the previously responses I've gotten from EQT were basically "small turbo problems." I saw that they recently updated their OTS tunes with this improvement and asked for the same improvements to be added to my custom tune. It's perfect now.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Hoon sent me a new tune for my is38 GTI to correct the DV Hang issue where at low speed/ part throttle the DV would hang open bleeding boost and then suddenly shut and the car would surge forward.

This has been a persistent issue, albeit a small one that I've had forever and the previously responses I've gotten from EQT were basically "small turbo problems." I saw that they recently updated their OTS tunes with this improvement and asked for the same improvements to be added to my custom tune. It's perfect now.
Mine did that when I upgraded to the IS38 and switched Unitronic tunes to the IS38 file. So weird that while that tune was garbage, their Stage 2 tune for the IS20 was really good and I drove it for 90k+ miles. My only thoughts is maybe the IS38 file takes other parameters into account.

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Finally, I received my oil sample report from Blackstone. I think it speaks for itself. Keep in mind that I've run with 10,000-mile oil drains for the life of the car, with the exception of just before 2020's coast-to-coast road trip and later when my turbo was swapped to IS38. Otherwise, I've pretty faithful to the 10k drains. Okay, here's the report:

Either I'm lucky or I'm doing something right. Either way, I'll take it!

Mk7tsi3door

Go Kart Newbie
Replaced the PCV as preventative maintenance. Took a 1klm drive to just make sure I did everything right… so I don’t wake up to go to school in the morning and have the car not work lol and it seems to have a smoother idle! Could be just my imagination we will see..

Strange on the new one there appears to be a different valve on the bottom, I did order it from Amazon but it was stamped VW/audi so I’m assuming it’s just a new revision. Very pleased so far!

Attachments

• IMG_4609.jpeg
    IMG_4609.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 45

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Next to a white, wingless, gurgling Evo 8 in traffic earlier. It looked well-kept but not shiny-pristine. I wanted to give a thumbs up but he wasn't looking at my direction. I bet he's emissions compliant like my DTR (internally crying).