GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Lately, shifting into first gear has been a little off. A few times after coming to a stop, it would give me a hard time putting into gear. I decided to adjust the linkage and so far shifting into all gears has been a lot smoother. While I was in there, I decided to remove the delay valve, and kick myself for not doing this sooner.

Would it be worth taking it a step further and replacing the clutch hoses with a stainless steel line?

View attachment 281500
Did you do it by yourself? What was the job like?

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Did you do it by yourself? What was the job like?
Yea, unfortunately I have no friends soni did it alone as usual...I kid...but yea I did it myself. It's not hard to do. You'll have to take your airbox, battery and tray out for access. This video should give you an idea.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Not on the GTI, but the wife wanted to order some wheels for the SQ5, after doing some research on Audizine I contacted a few people and decided to go with a decent offset that will not poke out too much but allowed her to get some decent size tires on. She ordered HRE's FF21's on 20x10 et 35 with ExtemeContact Sport 275/40/20, and I convinced her to get the get the H&R Sport Springs since she don't have the sport package. I prepped the wheels and coated with OptiCoat Pro last weekend. Will be installing the springs this weekend.

HRE.JPG

HRE1.JPG

HRE2.JPG

The SQ5 when we picked it up last year.

IMG_8055.jpg

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
She loves it... but after I slowly (like very slowly) walked her with the GTI she is now talking about tuning it and asking what else she can do to make it faster. LOL The GTI would not hang with it off a dig, duh... but she thought I was going to be left in the dust at "highway" speeds.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Not on the GTI, but the wife wanted to order some wheels for the SQ5, after doing some research on Audizine I contacted a few people and decided to go with a decent offset that will not poke out too much but allowed her to get some decent size tires on. She ordered HRE's FF21's on 20x10 et 35 with ExtemeContact Sport 275/40/20, and I convinced her to get the get the H&R Sport Springs since she don't have the sport package. I prepped the wheels and coated with OptiCoat Pro last weekend. Will be installing the springs this weekend.

View attachment 281963

View attachment 281964

View attachment 281965

The SQ5 when we picked it up last year.

View attachment 281966
Where's the after

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Had dealer do VAQ service. I now have all the torques to the wheels. So much torques.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Had dealer do VAQ service. I now have all the torques to the wheels. So much torques.
What'd they charge you for it, and did they drop it/clean the screen, or just drain & fill? Also, how much mileage since it was last done/what kind of mileage? Mine's [over]due if we go by the 3 year suggestion, but I figure for as little as it's driven it's alright as long as I do it soon. I'm around 36k and to my knowledge it's never been done on my '19, buuuuut it's also been autocrossed maybe 3 times so I can't imagine it's in awful need of attention.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
What'd they charge you for it, and did they drop it/clean the screen, or just drain & fill? Also, how much mileage since it was last done/what kind of mileage? Mine's [over]due if we go by the 3 year suggestion, but I figure for as little as it's driven it's alright as long as I do it soon. I'm around 36k and to my knowledge it's never been done on my '19, buuuuut it's also been autocrossed maybe 3 times so I can't imagine it's in awful need of attention.
It was done as part of 30k service, which was covered under VW care.

They weren't going to do it until I explained that it was in fact part of the 30k miles service. I gave them specific instructions to clean the screen, replace the fluid and perform the required adaptions in the VW service manual.

For all I know, they drained it, filled it with piss and laughed. 🤣

My car has seen a HARD 30k miles. 50+ autocrosses and 5 track days. I didn't notice the VAQ degrading at all. And I have driven non VAQ cars on 200tw, so I know what it feels like to not have a functioning LSD or VAQ.

Last edited:

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3

They weren't going to do it until I explained that it was in fact part of the 30k miles service. I gave them specific instructions to clean the screen, replace the fluid and perform the required adaptions in the VW service manual.

For all I know, then drained it, filled it with piss and laughed. 🤣

My car has seen a HARD 30k miles. 50+ autocrosses and 5 track days. I didn't notice the VAQ degrading at all. And I have driven non VAQ cars on 200tw, so I know what it feels like to not have a functioning LSD or VAQ.
Nice, lucky you. I called a local dealer, they had no clue to what I was referring, and when I finally explained what I wanted done they determined it was a $400 service (and strongly recommended against it).
Needless to say, I did not proceed with them. Going to have an AX buddy who works at a Honda dealer put the car on a lift after hours and do a simple drain & fill, at 60k I'll probably do the whole thing but for the moment I'm just not interested in fighting with it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

For all I know, then drained it, filled it with piss and laughed. 🤣

I'd be surprised if they cleaned the filter, considering it's not part of the service "by the book".

I'm sure it's at least half fluid, and half piss 🤣

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'd be surprised if they cleaned the filter, considering it's not part of the service "by the book".

I'm sure it's at least half fluid, and half piss 🤣
These were the same clowns that tried to deny my aux water pump claim because I "vOiDeD mY wArRaNtY".