GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Installed an amazing gift of fancy lighty bois.
View attachment 273976
Unfortunately I’m noticing a couple issues with these headlights since installing them. (1) Driver side low beam projector is rotated slightly CCW. (2) One of the DRL strips is significantly brighter than the others.

Not what I would expect from a $900 set of lights. I emailed BMP and hopefully they take care of it…

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
20230222_153824.jpg

Upgrading grip

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Unfortunately I’m noticing a couple issues with these headlights since installing them. (1) Driver side low beam projector is rotated slightly CCW. (2) One of the DRL strips is significantly brighter than the others.

Not what I would expect from a $900 set of lights. I emailed BMP and hopefully they take care of it…

I wouldn't hold your breath unfortunately :(

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Really? I chose these specifically because people have said such good things about their customer service…

I'm sure their customer service is fine. The one time I had to reach out regarding an order, they were very helpful. A little too helpful. I asked to cancel an item on backorder, which they did, and issued a refund promptly. A month later, the item still arrived. When I reached out, they just said "keep it".

I mean the lights themselves. I have no first hand experience with them, but have always had the impression they're overpriced versions of all the same other rep lights, where what you're describing is an accepted side effect of using them. But then again, the majority of people who install them care more about how they look than how they actually perform.

Hope I'm wrong on all regards and it does work out for you.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I'm sure their customer service is fine. The one time I had to reach out regarding an order, they were very helpful. A little too helpful. I asked to cancel an item on backorder, which they did, and issued a refund promptly. A month later, the item still arrived. When I reached out, they just said "keep it".

I mean the lights themselves. I have no first hand experience with them, but have always had the impression they're overpriced versions of all the same other rep lights, where what you're describing is an accepted side effect of using them. But then again, the majority of people who install them care more about how they look than how they actually perform.

Hope I'm wrong on all regards and it does work out for you.
The difference supposedly is that these are assembled by BMP and thus have better quality control, which is the main thing the cheaper reps suffer from a lack of. And they’re ceramic coated (which I could take or leave). This is my second set of aftermarket headlights after trying the Spyders. If these don’t work out then I’m not touching the headlights again 😂

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
The difference supposedly is that these are assembled by BMP and thus have better quality control, which is the main thing the cheaper reps suffer from a lack of. And they’re ceramic coated (which I could take or leave). This is my second set of aftermarket headlights after trying the Spyders. If these don’t work out then I’m not touching the headlights again 😂
Next headlight mod: Osrams lol

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
I've been digging into it since I'm not 100% happy with mine as of late and they seem to be VLAND. I got mine last year so I can't say how they compare to yours, but I had issues with the passenger side headlight, shipped it out, got it back with new bulb. Just a few a weeks ago when temps dropped below freezing, the same headlamp would flicker when I turned on the high beams. Mind you, it doesn't happen all the time...still pisses me off. Bulb connectors are hot glued so that's going be a hassle to clean remove and clean up. They could have just used bulbs with spades instead of pins, or add an adapter. Also, they're using Xenon HID Light Bulb D1S D2S D3S retainer clips for the bulbs. Easier to work with, but looking for decent bulbs, meh.

So when you say better quality...I've been questioning that sentiment. I think BMP pulled a fast one on us.

1677112993450.png

PXL_20230210_141250722.jpg

PXL_20230210_144025021.jpg

Attachments

• 1677112357800.png
    1677112357800.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 22

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

How do they compare to the Spyders

Next headlight mod: Osrams lol

Only ones I'd personally trust tbh.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
How do they compare to the Spyders

Only ones I'd personally trust tbh.
The Spyders looked good on the outside but the projectors were straight trash. Awful.

These BMPs have REALLY good lighting. And the slightly rotated projector I could live with on its own, but the DRL piece being super bright compared to the rest is janky. Hoping they’ll let me swap out the unit.

tigeo

Autocross Champion