GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Parked it in the shop nice and clean Friday, just to get it out in the rain today
F2BE452C-61D3-420C-A925-5FBCD048BDA8.jpeg

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Got the new ACT clutch installed at Speedlife up in Haverhill.

I'm only about 50 miles into the break-in period but so far I LOVE the way this clutch feels. So much more engaging than the stock one.

There's something tragic about going stage 2 and having to drive like a grandma for the first 1,500 miles because you replaced the clutch. I just drove nearly 50 miles home and my peak boost was 5.4 PSI.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I went to install the BMS CC that my wife bought me and it was missing hardware.

Not cool, bro.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

I'm only about 50 miles into the break-in period but so far I LOVE the way this clutch feels. So much more engaging than the stock one.

There's something tragic about going stage 2 and having to drive like a grandma for the first 1,500 miles because you replaced the clutch. I just drove nearly 50 miles home and my peak boost was 5.4 PSI.
1500 is excessive, 500 of mostly stop and go is fine. was for me at least

but ya it's painful lol

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

1500 is excessive, 500 of mostly stop and go is fine. was for me at least

but ya it's painful lol
https://ramclutches.com/importance-of-clutch-break-in-explained/

Cliff note… don’t be grandma driving to aunt Nancy’s on the highway as that does little regardless of logged miles. Break-in miles are really just cause it’s safer for the manufacture to say than then hope People can follow a properly executed heat cycling routine.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
https://ramclutches.com/importance-of-clutch-break-in-explained/

Cliff note… don’t be grandma driving to aunt Nancy’s on the highway as that does little regardless of logged miles. Break-in miles are really just cause it’s safer for the manufacture to say than then hope People can follow a properly executed heat cycling routine.
Yep, I avoided the highway purposely on the way home.

I've heard break-in periods anywhere from 500 miles to mimicking an engine break-in of 1500. The only constant I've seen is grandma city driving, avoid hills starts (or otherwise excessive slipping of the clutch), and highways aren't great for you. I've broken in new engines before, 1500 miles is a PITA but its over before you know it.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Yep, I avoided the highway purposely on the way home.

I've heard break-in periods anywhere from 500 miles to mimicking an engine break-in of 1500. The only constant I've seen is grandma city driving, avoid hills starts (or otherwise excessive slipping of the clutch), and highways aren't great for you. I've broken in new engines before, 1500 miles is a PITA but its over before you know it.
Southbend also says no downshifting. 🧑‍🎨