GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

vw_s

Ready to race!
Car(s)
vw
I did all around ceramic on my 2 door, windshield included. Unfortunately it was my first time having tint done, so I went with a legal tint that isn't good for much of anything. Now that I look at all the vehicles around town, almost no one has a legal tint. The car is definitely still cooler in the Summer, but I feel like it could be better. I did the Llumar Formula 1

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I’ve always had basic tint on my cars, but my GTI is the first time I ever spent the extra on ceramic tint.

Even on hot 115° summer days, the inside temp is so much cooler that I almost don’t need to run the AC.
especially with windshield tint.

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
I left my windshield alone with the exception of a non ceramic tint visor across the top 7 inches. Really helps keep the sun out of your face while still being able to see street signs/lights.
You're onlyy allowed the top 4 inches up front, JSYK. It was a pain to remove because of the dots.

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
You're onlyy allowed the top 4 inches up front, JSYK. It was a pain to remove because of the dots.
It very well might be 4 inches. I never measured it haha.
Front windows are already much darker than legal tint, so I never really stressed about the visor.
Police in my area don’t really pull over for tint.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
My wife's car has tint, but I won't tint mine. Never liked the idea of tint on a car that's tracked.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
What’s the logic here? What weird sin have I broken in the past?

To me, tinting reduces outward visibility. That's the list thing I want on track.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
To me, tinting reduces outward visibility. That's the list thing I want on track.
I just run HPDE and always run with the side windows down. I can’t see 35% tint really diminishing your visibility in a material manner and there’s the benefit of your car not looking stupid when you’re not on track.