GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
This gives me so much anxiety lol.

What’s the plan if the new part arrives damaged, incorrect, or gets lost in transit.

I don’t consider anything a good/usable part or piece of material until I’ve received and inspected it.
This is my 2nd / “for fun” car so I don’t drive it often. I’ve probably put under 500 miles on it since I bought it in March this year.

Funny enough, The first oneactually came damaged while I was on vacation, the the replacement is set to come in today if I can get home in time to sign for it.

ECNMY R

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
R, RS3, GTS 4.0
Today I filled it up with 91 and wondered, in a year or 18 months are we gonna be bolting Gen4 HPFPs up to our Gen3s and running E85? New one does 350 bar (5,000 PSI). A more reliable solution than upgraded internals would be awesome.

Really excited to learn the full extent of Mk8 to Mk7 portability.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Today I filled it up with 91 and wondered, in a year or 18 months are we gonna be bolting Gen4 HPFPs up to our Gen3s and running E85? New one does 350 bar (5,000 PSI). A more reliable solution than upgraded internals would be awesome.

I like the way you think.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
This is my 2nd / “for fun” car so I don’t drive it often. I’ve probably put under 500 miles on it since I bought it in March this year.

Funny enough, The first oneactually came damaged while I was on vacation, the the replacement is set to come in today if I can get home in time to sign for it.

That’s good, hopefully this one arrives ok!

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
went WTF when it did the "it's cold out" warning chime
Yeah, the first time I heard it was shortly after getting my car -- I immediately went into panic mode, because I could've sworn there was already an error of some sort. Turns out the error is living in the northeast, stupid cold weather.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Here I am eating my words, passengers rear caliper upper slider seized so I’m driving the Burb to the airport.

8F44A05A-42FD-413D-9A54-F84EAB66F0D5.jpeg
F7A7B0BE-F1C7-48E6-B323-0349302B1A14.jpeg

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Plot twist, those 2008 Mk5 R32 carriers & guide pins are discontinued by VW.

So now I’m at a cross roads.

-Have new guide pins machined (if I can’t save these ones), become a hero and offer them to anyone else who might be up this particular branch of shit creek moving forward.

-Go back to stock non PP rear brakes

-Figure out a fixed caliper solution

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

This.....dig this idea

Plot twist, those 2008 Mk5 R32 carriers & guide pins are discontinued by VW.

So now I’m at a cross roads.

-Have new guide pins machined (if I can’t save these ones), become a hero and offer them to anyone else who might be up this particular branch of shit creek moving forward.

-Go back to stock non PP rear brakes

-Figure out a fixed caliper solution
You're a fabricator.....you KNOW the answer lol

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
This.....dig this idea

You're a fabricator.....you KNOW the answer lol

Eh, all I know is driving the suburban on my commute sucks. Luckily today is my “Friday”, but this isn’t the project I had planned for this weekend since my dad is flying into town tonight.

Luckily, he’s a machinist so I have that bad influence going for me lol. Looking like I’ll probably take some 1” 304 stainless bar stock I have and get some billet bling going with it…probably just make as many as possible from the materials I have.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Oh took a little trip to Alabama and visited….

And went stage I

Attachments

• DFD11180-757D-4D06-8BBD-C8D569C3FBD5.jpeg
    DFD11180-757D-4D06-8BBD-C8D569C3FBD5.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 93

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
It was cold out. My car looked like an iceberg this morning.
I got This on my drive today after APR when we got to NC, it chimed and showed the snow ❄️ symbol- was like wtf!?! 🤣