GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
^came here to laugh at suggestively shaped knob, left drooling over sportshifters shifter surround.

Can you buy the surround separately from the shift knob? I like my current Raceseng setup but want that baller surround.
Haha! Yeah I got
This one from them too and they literally call it the “finger banger”
1A226ECB-2862-4EE7-A6E5-1D229BA08460.jpeg

Thanks! Yeah the surround really sets the boot area off big time compared the the tiny stock ring, you can get it separately from them you just have to email Roy, it’s like 220ish with shipping I think. Can do it anyway you want too, he spent quite some time finding and making the forged carbon inserts since he’s never done forged pieces before.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Haha! Yeah I got
View attachment 205839

Thanks! Yeah the surround really sets the boot area off big time compared the the tiny stock ring, you can get it separately from them you just have to email Roy, it’s like 220ish with shipping I think. Can do it anyway you want too, he spent quite some time finding and making the forged carbon inserts since he’s never done forged pieces before.

Thanks! I will have to email them. I don't see the option on their site so I thought it was a package deal only.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Haha! Yeah I got
View attachment 205839

now i got this stuck in my head

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Been following thier IG waiting on it, but by the time it was done I already had my coolerworx setup and a sphere knob don’t work with the excessive height.
So now my latest knob choice is anything but subtle haha
View attachment 205837View attachment 205838

Also: if the sphere has a reverse lockout bore under it this would work and fix the connection point a lots
https://us.wearelikewise.com/collections/accessories/products/shift-boot-retainer
Thanks for that link! I'm not 100% sure it will work but for $20 it's worth it to me, I'll report back when I get it!

edit: on second thought I don't think it will work, I had to use the shiftsolutionsco Euro adapter, and I don't think the adapter will be long enough for the Likewise retainer to fit over it and still leave thread for the knob...

https://www.shiftsolutionsco.com/product/euro-shift-knob-thread-adapter-v2

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Thanks for that link! I'm not 100% sure it will work but for $20 it's worth it to me, I'll report back when I get it!

edit: on second thought I don't think it will work, I had to use the shiftsolutionsco Euro adapter, and I don't think the adapter will be long enough for the Likewise retainer to fit over it and still leave thread for the knob...

https://www.shiftsolutionsco.com/product/euro-shift-knob-thread-adapter-v2
I see now, honesty It’s their adapters design that’s less than favorable for the boot connection, it’s too narrow of diameter for where you wire or zip tie the boot... so it’s so close right there also.

That ring I sent is meant to go below an adapter (cause the adapter gets fully covered)

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
I see now, honesty It’s their adapters design that’s less than favorable for the boot connection, it’s too narrow of diameter for where you wire or zip tie the boot... so it’s so close right there also.

That ring I sent is meant to go below an adapter (cause the adapter gets fully covered)

yea, that adapter isn't a great design. Maybe a smaller one like this would work with the Likewise ring?

https://www.shiftsolutionsco.com/product/shift-knob-adapters

Agray

Go Kart Champion
Picked up a screw so I did a nascar swap to a summer tire at midnight last night after work so I could be back on the road at 5am heading back in to work.

It definitely pays to have full size spare tires handy.

Do you have any quarrels over just patching it and sending it when the puncture is near the center like that, or do you replace the tire all together for any puncture given your driving habits?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Do you have any quarrels over just patching it and sending it when the puncture is near the center like that, or do you replace the tire all together for any puncture given your driving habits?

I actually plugged it without even dismounting the tire off the wheel.

If these were my summer set I’d replace it, but being all seasons I’m comfortable with it. The better solution would’ve been to have it patched on the inside, but I’ve had good luck with these plugs on previous instances like this.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Been following thier IG waiting on it, but by the time it was done I already had my coolerworx setup and a sphere knob don’t work with the excessive height.
So now my latest knob choice is anything but subtle haha
View attachment 205837View attachment 205838

Also: if the sphere has a reverse lockout bore under it this would work and fix the connection point a lots
https://us.wearelikewise.com/collections/accessories/products/shift-boot-retainer
Those seats...

ZimmLR

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Installed Fifteen52 Holeshot wheels. 19x8.5, running Michelin AS4 235/35s. Tires were pretty flush to the wheels and due to prior curb damage on my stockers, I had AlloyGators installed to assure these stay in pristine condition. Gators give it a stretched tire look which I'm indifferent to. Weight was 24 pounds each without tires, 47.2 with tires/gators/coating of Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light. (FYI lowered on VWR springs, no spacers)

2.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg