GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
That's so much more than I want to spend lol
It looks properly engineered though.

I had an IE intake on my mk6 that I loved, but that car was louder in every way and the R is staying more of a sleeper. Kinda starting to miss the psh noises now.

I had the 034 full carbon on my Gti. It was comparable I’d say. I won that one in a raffle. I got the Forge for a good deal second hand, guy changed his mind on using it.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I just installed the 24mm solid superpro bar for the golf r on my otherwise stock suspension Alltrack. Whew, can’t believe I haven’t done this on any of my other cars (3 GTIs, never touched the suspension on a single one of them...)
To be honest I’m not noticing any difference from the stock RSB. I thought something must be wrong but there is no squeaking or clunking or anything out of the ordinary. Body roll and understeer feels the same as it was stock though. Pretty unimpressed so far unless the bushings need to break in or something.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
To be honest I’m not noticing any difference from the stock RSB. I thought something must be wrong but there is no squeaking or clunking or anything out of the ordinary. Body roll and understeer feels the same as it was stock though. Pretty unimpressed so far unless the bushings need to break in or something.

Do you still have the stock front sway bar? If you do there should have been a big difference in understeer.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Still stock, yes. If things were not torqued quite tight enough, or they loosened after a few days would that amount to the perceived lack of change, and would there be noise associated?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Still stock, yes. If things were not torqued quite tight enough, or they loosened after a few days would that amount to the perceived lack of change, and would there be noise associated?

Sure if it's not tightened properly. I don't know about noise associated with it.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI

what?! thats not right. You can’t not-feel the Difference. It’s very real.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

A RSB is only noticeable when you’re really pushing the car, which is why is such a great mod because in normal driving you’d literally never know it’s there.

Tires also play a large role because the better your tires the less of a difference you’ll feel.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
A RSB is only noticeable when you’re really pushing the car, which is why is such a great mod because in normal driving you’d literally never know it’s there.

Tires also play a large role because the better your tires the less of a difference you’ll feel.

Maybe he has upgraded tires then, because I cannot agree that you don’t feel the difference in everyday driving. It makes the car drive better/track truer in all conditions, and generally have a more aggressive turn-in. The car feels much more agile on its feet now than before, in ALL circumstances, whether driving around my neighborhood, bombing a highway exit/entrance, or driving around Philly. It’s literally noticeable while driving straight on the highway... lol

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Trust me, I believe in H&R parts. I’ll check the torque on the mounting hardware.

The tires are new summer Firehawks.

Last edited:

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
The car should have noticeably less body roll during hard corners. If you turn sharply or quickly, you should notice there is less sway. Also, I remember the first time I jacked my car up after installing mine. The car was so stiff that the rear wheels came off the ground when using the front jacking points. Haha. I bet you installed it fine, but you probably haven't taken enough sharp/quick corners to feel a difference.

When driving aggressively, upgraded tires should actually allow you to pull more Gs in the corners, so I would think the stiffer RSB would be more noticeable with upgraded rubber (but again, only when driving at the limit).

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Trust me, I believe in H&R parts. I’ll check the torque on the mounting hardware.

The tires are new summer Firehawks.
You're not driving it hard enough. There is absolutely no way you messed up installing an RSB; it simply isn't possible.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
A mistake installing an RSB manifests as noise, the RSB still functions fine. I agree you aren't pushing the car or conversely hadn't pushed the car before enough to know the difference.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
A mistake installing an RSB manifests as noise, the RSB still functions fine. I agree you aren't pushing the car or conversely hadn't pushed the car before enough to know the difference.
Quick example: I take the same corner off the highway everyday; it’s a pretty sharp one and I usually round it at about 35 ever since I got new tires. That’s before anything in the car not strapped down goes flying and I have to ease the throttle to lessen the understeer. I simply can’t take that corner any faster and have to let off the throttle in the same spot as before. There are some great little corners and empty lots around my house that feel more or less the same.

I guess when I autoX it again I’ll check my times vs pre-bar.