Pulled bumper off to start some retrofits... what a PITA this thing is 👎🏿
IMG_20200912_153931.jpg

IMG_20200912_155009.jpg

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Tried to look it up, man that website sucks.

Im guessing it has a check valve in it? Otherwise the car would run like crap
yeah website is shitty, found in from their IG post, I tested in with my mouth first, it’s let’s me blow but not suck 😂😂

So far letting the car idle and drive around the block it’s running like normal, so we will see. And it’s sealing the crank case so it can create vacuum still based on the archaic test of removing it while the the car is running to see how it reacts.
Is that supposed to work with the Spulen catch can also?
Yeah I don’t see why it won’t, my friends got it on him raceline catch can and it’s working so far too.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
yeah website is shitty, found in from their IG post, I tested in with my mouth first, it’s let’s me blow but not suck 😂😂

So far letting the car idle and drive around the block it’s running like normal, so we will see. And it’s sealing the crank case so it can create vacuum still based on the archaic test of removing it while the the car is running to see how it reacts.
Yeah I don’t see why it won’t, my friends got it on him raceline catch can and it’s working so far too.

I'll be curious how many miles of driving it takes before you need to clean the filter.

The reason I asked about working with Spulen is because when it's the stock PCV system air is being pulled into the engine with the oil cap off but with the Spulen it's the reverse.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
It should work with any I’d imagine. I think I’m gonna grab one, if nothing else it’s cheap insurance against a blown RMS from a failed PCV
Exact reason I grabbed it, since I’m at 29lbs now and still tuning towards 30+ I figured best to grab it.

At the end of the month having the clutch done again and also having the iabed installed as extra safety with the boost pressures.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
went on green and some kid hit me, said he looked down to adjust ac, tempe cops didn't do anything since our stories are the same, hopefully it works out , insurance guy said it's probably totaled

Sorry to see that. With that much damage, it might be worse if they don't call it totaled.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Might not be enough to total off that, frame is likely fine. All depends on the body shop estimating the work.

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
Why didn't they give the guy a ticket since he admitted that he wasn't attentive?
i have no idea, the cop showed up late, i asked numerous times if they are filling anything out, he kept saying no since there wasnt any injuries and that both our stories matched, then took off, i kept asking him i thought that was weird he didnt,
although we did get moved off of the street and into the parking lot by some dep of safety guys that just happened to be there, so maybe the cop thought it was a parking lot crash?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
i have no idea, the cop showed up late, i asked numerous times if they are filling anything out, he kept saying no since there wasnt any injuries and that both our stories matched, then took off, i kept asking him i thought that was weird he didnt,
although we did get moved off of the street and into the parking lot by some dep of safety guys that just happened to be there, so maybe the cop thought it was a parking lot crash?

That sucks you got screwed.