GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Get that drunken old man out of here. He does nothing but appeal to lowest common denominator mouth breathers on his "car channel" where all he does is make videos with click-bait titles that are exactly 10:12 long, while reading the most inane viewer questions, and talking shit about actual helpful car channels.

When he does sober up enough to film work on a car it ends up being the most useless diy video imaginable.
Quit talking about Paul at Doy-chuh auto parts like that

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
The "Engineering Explained" guy on Youtube has a good vid about Italian tune up and whether they work or not.
People on here don't like him for some reason.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i hope i don't ruffle too many feathers on here. I learned a long time ago, ESPECIALLY on forums, you just gotta bite your tongue sometimes because the readers/recipients of messages read text but interpret much more negativity than may have been intended by the sender

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
i hope i don't ruffle too many feathers on here. I learned a long time ago, ESPECIALLY on forums, you just gotta bite your tongue sometimes because the readers/recipients of messages read text but interpret much more negativity than may have been intended by the sender
yeah, pretty much dont be a d*ck and treat people like you are talking to them face to face and everyone will be fine. I think were tempers tend to jump off are people who think they know something and an argument happens, and i say try to keep it about cars. Obviously other things get people heated like politics, the world news, and Where kids eat free on Tuesdays

The_Essbee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16 GTI Reflex Silver
Followed advice from many forum members and for my first performance mod I got new Continental ExtemeContact DWS06 tires installed. Don't have money to have dedicated summer/winter setup and although I really wanted michelins I missed the rebate. I saved a few bucks plus Continental is having a $70 rebate now till the 30th on 4 tires. Time to save up for an EQT tune now.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i decided i wanted a floorhinged pedal like my MK6 has. I wanted to see if it would physically fit/plug in. i removed the pedal from my MK6 and tested. From what i could tell:
A) the wire harness does not have enough slack on the MK7's end to make it to where the MK6 pedal's plug would be physically located. It would need to be extended
B) the plug didn't seem to want to click in; I couldn't really inspect the plug type on the 7, again due to how little slack there is. It is a similar looking 6-prong female plug on both cars
C) I DEFINATELY do not know if the wires are even the same, or in the same order, or anything about whether there are internal modules in either pedal that would cause them to not work correctly, but i assume it could work, maybe some wires need to be resequenced; but i have no clue lol.
D) I would need to drill a hole for the MK6 pedal along the 'runner up' panel on the floor toward the firewall, and also work out a way to make a hole in the floor for the 'clip/bracket' portion of the bottom of the MK6 pedal to go into and clip in, or shave that stuff off the MK6 pedal but then i'd have to find a good way to safely and properly secure it to the floor.

Anyone else interested or happen to have any info? I doubt i'm the first guy to ever try this but really hate the 7's pedal both for how it looks and feels and operates, coming from the 6. Really want the floor hinged pedal back lol.

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
9C6DA549-F4FD-486B-AC36-63EA000CB566.jpeg
535D3720-AB16-48B2-AA68-77BE05C16049.jpeg
7C199F2B-7977-4582-A5C7-49C348D0DC27.jpeg
FF0DBA9C-8C44-4068-A9C0-011E3FFDE881.jpeg

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Anyone else interested or happen to have any info? I doubt i'm the first guy to ever try this but really hate the 7's pedal both for how it looks and feels and operates, coming from the 6. Really want the floor hinged pedal back lol.
I've driven the Mk6 plenty, but I don't remember that wonky setup. Sure seems like it would make heel and toe even worse than the Mk7. At least if all of the pedals were bottom hinged like a Beetle or air cooled 911, it would make a little sense.

Last edited: