GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I just woke up again, I was up 9-12, I really really really needed that nap. Sleep has been so f'd up due to work from home ect beers. I'll have the sound clips in like 1 hr, also never made a youtube video, any help with getting the clips into a free easy to use movie maker will help :)

From what I've read most everybody says it's easiest to upload to YouTube and then share it here.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
couldn't really hear it over the sound of your BOV :ROFLMAO:

j/k...sounds pretty good, especially considering the price point. what's your take on it?
so for 348 total I think its awesome. I think I offered the guy like 310 ect but he wouldn't budge on 329 I think so i bought it for that.

Install wasn't too bad took longer because im learning. Last video my fiance shot, no wonder its 4 seconds long, I was hoping it would be longer. Plus I couldn't open it up (back streets). Also its the GFB DV+, so a louder DV, vs BOV but it was loud haha. There is a little tweaking im going to have to do, after the first ride there was a rattle in cabin (no idea where from). Its only day 2 so time will tell haha

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Installed my new exhaust tips.

IMG_20200411_121939.jpg

IMG_20200411_121945.jpg

I'd prefer it if they were tucked in just a little bit more, but I cut off as much as I could off the tips and the stock exhaust pipe while still being able to mount them on. They were comically bad with no modification.

IMG_20200410_155852.jpg

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Did not realize until today (yes, slow) that I had not swapped the interior bulbs for the glove box and trunk on my Golf-R... so swapped the glove box to a white LED wedge, needed to order 42mm festoon LED bulbs for the trunk as I did not have any in my parts bin. Hope to get rid of incandescent by end of next week.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Installed my new exhaust tips.

I'd prefer it if they were tucked in just a little bit more, but I cut off as much as I could off the tips and the stock exhaust pipe while still being able to mount them on. They were comically bad with no modification.

View attachment 169891
I love the design of those tips, that’s what caused my whole exhaust Build, lol. I wanted these specific tips and they wouldnt install even with lots of cutting to the tips and muffler exists, and i was very particular with not wanting the final product to stick out since the rainbow already stands out.
8416BD90-4786-4C3A-ADAD-19FF4CC66664.jpeg

A22E607C-5A66-44E6-A7C4-9A87C7398F4F.jpeg

B592CFCE-1E83-4966-BDEA-224774F46B55.jpeg
F4173CEE-AB0F-41C6-AF91-C73524FAF59F.jpeg

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Finished my spring install that I started yesterday, and got halfway through the rear brakes before I found out the pads I got aren't the right ones, even though the part number is right and every website that sells them says they will fit my car.. I ordered centric posquiet 105.17610 and I think I needed 105.11081

2016 GTI SE PP DCC
If someone who is running posquiet pads could confirm that would be much appreciated

Last edited:

GTI'D

Passed Driver's Ed
I installed 105.11081 on mt PP rears no prob. Btw the guys at apcautotech support are pretty quick to respond to questions

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I installed 105.11081 on mt PP rears no prob. Btw the guys at apcautotech support are pretty quick to respond to questions
Thanks! Not sure why all the sites said the 105.17610 pads would work, they're not even close