Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Finally got rid of the crappy OEM brake pads

20200205_094132_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

bossbrew

Passed Driver's Ed
Changed my 100,000 mile oem plugs at 50,000 with Denso plugs. Amazing how it now idles and runs more smoothly.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Been looking at those, please update with how they workout for you

so I'm very hesitant to believe comments on other forums about these pads, but so far they're holding true. The initial bite (initial pressing pedal down) is less than OEM, but a few milliseconds later.....these pads have HUGE bite....waaaaay stronger than OEM. Initial bedding this morning and no highway driving/slowing, so not fully broken in yet, but yeah.....these are awesome so far. I'll update about dust later too.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
so I'm very hesitant to believe comments on other forums about these pads, but so far they're holding true. The initial bite (initial pressing pedal down) is less than OEM, but a few milliseconds later.....these pads have HUGE bite....waaaaay stronger than OEM. Initial bedding this morning and no highway driving/slowing, so not fully broken in yet, but yeah.....these are awesome so far. I'll update about dust later too.
yeah ive got black wheels so on def. interested in the dust.
i was always was happy with HPS's on my other cars.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
You still need to the the TPMS sensors that go in the tires. Plus get the box that mounts permanently to connect to the media center and I certainly doubt that Orange Electronics will sell just the box.

You can buy the OEM antenna box and sensors but of course you need the harness. I'd have no problem buying the kit they're selling, but give me a list of the coding changes so I can do it with VCDS I guess is what I'm saying

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
Could you post the method? Would it work for the 7.5R? The app on OBDeleven says not compatable.
Sure, it's not through the app section.

Select Car
Control Units
Gateway 19
Adaptation
Start Stop Voliage Limit
Set Voltage to 12
Hold green check to save.

Pressing the button will still notify you of system activated or deactivated, but the system is permanently off unless you lower the voltage to 7.8. When you stop at a light, in your gauge cluster you will see the start/stop logo crossed out, thus confirming that it's not active. When you drive off, the symbol goes away.

PM me if you have any questions

Viameter

Drove it for around 50 miles and check afterwards if there is a problem using Actron Scanner. This is a highly recommended scan tool which intuitive user interface, sleek and compact design, and support numerous functions. You should try this one.

Last edited:

tstadgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE DSG
Got a set of Continental Extreme Contacts and an alignment, thanks to a massive pothole. However I'm so glad to be done with the Cinturanos that came from the factory