GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Got smoked by some fossil in a mid-2000s stock looking Bimmer convertible on the way to work. 3rd gear felt like I had the brakes on as he whooshed past.

*Shame* /wrist
Well if it was a turbo beamer there is nothing to be ashamed of.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I didn't hear him spooling at all, but Bimmers are pretty muffled.

Daniel mk7

In stalled a gti rear diffuser and now looking to install gti style exhaust but I have a tdi and the exhaust runs over the rear torsion beam so anyone have any ideas if the attached image will fit thanks in advance.
Screenshot_20191122-165911.png

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
You may need some kind of adapter to fit inbetween. Epstein didn't kill himself. My buddy had a TDI Jetta and I remember him having to do some cutting/adapting to make a retrofitted exhaust fit his. Sounds custom, in any case.

Daniel mk7

Really appreciate the reply thanks anyone else like to add any info it would be much appreciated. I was hoping it would be a straight fit but I'm swaying towards chopping the bend off and directly welding to it but I am not to sure. Also I would like to no if the hangers are in the same place as on the gti.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Had the Ole $40 ebay tips tacked on to the back of my Rev9 exhaust. Had the revs stock res swapped out for a vibrant and had the leaky clamped up mess I made mating the downpipe to the Catback chopped out and welded properly. $120 total. Not bad.

Car is reasonably quiet now, though there's for sure more nvh since going stage 2. Completely worth it.

Daniel mk7

Had the Ole $40 ebay tips tacked on to the back of my Rev9 exhaust. Had the revs stock res swapped out for a vibrant and had the leaky clamped up mess I made mating the downpipe to the Catback chopped out and welded properly. $120 total. Not bad.

Car is reasonably quiet now, though there's for sure more nvh since going stage 2. Completely worth it.
Have you any pictures please.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

120 is cheap, what shop?

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Had Llumar Pinnacle tint installed. 35% all around. Front wing windows included. Top notch local shop.
93F46277-13E5-47CC-9464-864448EB41A2.jpeg
A9AB54D6-7A18-491A-8B68-D68E5564BFA1.jpeg

Last edited:

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Drove from philly to Connecticut last night on the new nexen wintersport 2 tires. Drives pretty nice less bumps with more meat on the tires. Handles well at higher speeds. Spoted ess mir in NY, not sure if they are on here