GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Yep! From ECS. Angled pic below. They follow the lines of the bumper really nicely without appearing really bulky like the R400 bumper. Also allows you to keep your fog lights. If you look straight down the side of the car they're dead on and flush with the rest of the body.

Thanks for the pic. The carbon looks good on the CSG. Blends in quite well. My GTI is white...so I wonder if they'll stick out too much.

Originally I was going to get the SRS ones...but after shipping and paint...they'll be the same price as the ECS ones.

Vobs56

Ready to race!
Thanks for the pic. The carbon looks good on the CSG. Blends in quite well. My GTI is white...so I wonder if they'll stick out too much.

Originally I was going to get the SRS ones...but after shipping and paint...they'll be the same price as the ECS ones.

I think it would look quite good on white but only with other carbon fiber elements. It would look off if it was the only carbon fiber on the car. If you did mirror, caps, spoiler, diffuser, eyelids, etc. it would contrast really nice. At least it would be a noticeable touch that isn't black. The problem with it on CSG is it's essentially the same base color so if you're looking at the car from a decent distance you don't see the details of the CF as much.

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
Thanks man, it goes to the body shop on Monday (finally)

How do you like the BFI stage 1 mounts?

That’s cool. I know you’ll be glad to get it done.

Mounts seem fine. I’ve just had 30 min driving them so far. There is a difference in NVH, but not bad. Haven’t had a chance to test wheel hop yet.

It’s crazy comparing the stock mounts how soft that OEM rubber is.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I think it would look quite good on white but only with other carbon fiber elements. It would look off if it was the only carbon fiber on the car. If you did mirror, caps, spoiler, diffuser, eyelids, etc. it would contrast really nice. At least it would be a noticeable touch that isn't black. The problem with it on CSG is it's essentially the same base color so if you're looking at the car from a decent distance you don't see the details of the CF as much.

Lol...maybe I will end up with the SRS ones. I have a black Maxton v2 lip up front. I could paint the ECS ones...but then that would kinda defeat the purpose of them being carbon.

Not sure why ECS doesn't make a fiberglass version of the flares. Are the molds that much more that they can't make a fiberglass set? I would think that they would sell more of them at a lower price point.

Vobs56

Ready to race!
Lol...maybe I will end up with the SRS ones. I have a black Maxton v2 lip up front. I could paint the ECS ones...but then that would kinda defeat the purpose of them being carbon.

Not sure why ECS doesn't make a fiberglass version of the flares. Are the molds that much more that they can't make a fiberglass set? I would think that they would sell more of them at a lower price point.

Yeah, in that case I would opt for a cheaper version that would match your front lip. With the clear coat on these CF flares it will probably be difficult to paint them. It's also an area pretty susceptible to rock chips so I'm not sure how long the paint would last as well.

D

Deleted member 137012

Bath yesterday with AMMO NYC’s Frothe, Hydrate, and P&S Bead Maker to finish. Today, oil change with the new eBay extractor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Medic magic is that you?

pSyCO_007

Ready to race!
Got my badge skin for the air bag light and the power knob for the radio that was driving me crazy. Also replaced my ignition kessy start/stop button it was peeling and wouldn’t start or stop right away had to push the button more than once.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Got my badge skin for the air bag light and the power knob for the radio that was driving me crazy. Also replaced my ignition kessy start/stop button it was peeling and wouldn’t start or stop right away had to push the button more than once.

No clear badgeskin for the new start/stop button?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Why yes there is a clear one on there. I don’t know why but that one was the hardest to put on

[emoji106][emoji2532]should stop the new button from peeling

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
Lol nope. I think his bumper doesn’t have the nasty holes in it[emoji38]

Yup, I ordered one the first week I got the car lol. Can’t even tell it’s there and it comes with an extra