Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 1,804

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I took mine to get a dyno pull, but I'm confused about the numbers. I have a Mk7 GTI with Injen Cold Air Intake, USP downpipe, Eurodyne Stage 2 ECU flash, and a Neuspeed catback, but the dyno runs showed 174-211hp and 277-298 ft/lbs on 3 pulls. With all the advertised horsepower and torque gains, shouldn't those numbers be higher?

??? This doesn't make any sense. These cars are doing 215/270 on the stock tune.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
F8cking stone chips ...................

Touch up painting today!

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
F8cking stone chips ...................

Touch up painting today!
Tried similar. Stpupidly scraped front off side bumper on post or garage, been 3 months I forget which, all week touched up said marks with VW touch up pen, leaving each coat 24 hours 'tween each coat. Rubbed down with fine wet / dry paper, all looking good, 'issuelessly' (I thought) polished with T-Cut, as I've sadly done too many times to my cars, and - it looks awful. The colour has mostly disappeared, leaving silver metallic component of the paint. Gonna book it let the pros sort it, and a couple of small dings while they're at it, as I prob should have done in 1st place. Sigh....

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
United Motorsports DSG tune. Talk about a big change.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion
United Motorsports DSG tune. Talk about a big change.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Haven't read about it yet. Is it only on the R for now? An R guy, i know, has their tune, he didn't tell me about the TCU... tell us more! Or me at least [emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

itsazizbah

Passed Driver's Ed
modified the grill a lil and zip tied it on around. everything is put back. i'm going to do a write up soon.

Nice job. Were you working alone or did you have any friends to help? I'm thinking of doing the same on my TSI bumper cause I also notice a lot bigger bugs squished inside the parts. I only got the car for abt two months, quite new to all this. May I also know which tools you use to open the front bumper? Although it might be different for the TSI. Thanks! Looking forward for you write up. [emoji18]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
Tried similar. Stpupidly scraped front off side bumper on post or garage, been 3 months I forget which, all week touched up said marks with VW touch up pen, leaving each coat 24 hours 'tween each coat. Rubbed down with fine wet / dry paper, all looking good, 'issuelessly' (I thought) polished with T-Cut, as I've sadly done too many times to my cars, and - it looks awful. The colour has mostly disappeared, leaving silver metallic component of the paint. Gonna book it let the pros sort it, and a couple of small dings while they're at it, as I prob should have done in 1st place. Sigh....
It looked ok, honestly, before T-Cutting, not an expert by any means but I've repaired (hidden) accident damage succesfully many times but guess VW touch up paint don't like it. And, no, I don't live in monochrome land my uploaded pics just look as if I do for some reason...

Attachments

• Golf Bumper.jpg
    Golf Bumper.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,856

Johnny Blaze

Go Kart Champion
Quick pick. These feel much lighter than the OEMs. And the rear definitely needs a 8mm spacer. Specs are 18x8.5 et45

Sent from my iPhone 2 using Tapatalk

Hi,

I did it by myself. just be sure to have a blanket or something on the ground so when/if it falls you don't scrape it up.

Here's my how to blog w info on what you need. not many tools needed.

http://robdaman.blogspot.com/2015/08/guard-your-grill.html

Nice job. Were you working alone or did you have any friends to help? I'm thinking of doing the same on my TSI bumper cause I also notice a lot bigger bugs squished inside the parts. I only got the car for abt two months, quite new to all this. May I also know which tools you use to open the front bumper? Although it might be different for the TSI. Thanks! Looking forward for you write up. [emoji18]

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion