GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
On I serious note, I used to use a card holder like this for ages, but got tired of folding cash. So I picked up one of these about 3 years ago and it's been perfect. The material is so thin that the form factor and thickness is almost identical to any card holder I ever used.
Incentive for me to not carry cash

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Bought a nostrum pump & KDI injectors from a forum member...it's E time :)

Phur

Autocross Champion
Bought a nostrum pump & KDI injectors from a forum member...it's E time :)
So, you’re doing E... are you doing meth as well?😉

zef

Drag Racing Champion
So, you’re doing E... are you doing meth as well?😉

Yup, maybe not right away. But will be doing a post-IC bung for IAT cooling. Not sure if I am going to use a CM5-LT or a Cortex EBC.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
shanged teh shifter coin on my BFI knob. the golden logo was fading a bit on one side, so i swapped in a new one in silver. pics tomorrow maybe.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Been mia here for a good while. New job doesn't allow me nearly as much time to sit on here and lurk. I've also not really been doing much with the car lately. Gonna finally pull the trigger on some nice battery cable to run to the trunk and then figure out a mounting solution for the battery back there. After that i'll hopefully get around to installing the water meth kit. Maybe a stupid question but has anyone ever thought of putting the controller under the hood? Would make it way easier to splice all the wires on the ecu harness I would think and only run wires to the trunk for the pump. Heat and water could be a concern though. Just a thought. Also last weekend between parking my car and getting in it the next day the clip on the fuel line from the pump to the filter came off so it dumped a bunch of gas onto the ground as I sat there cranking it trying to figure out why it wouldnt start. I was luckily able to replace it without dropping the tank by following a youtube tutorial where someone tied a rope to the original one, then used the rope to pull the new one up. Just went nice and slow to make sure nothing broke and it worked fine. Hopefully i'll get the motivation to move the battery soon and then start piecing together and installing my WMI kit.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Yup, maybe not right away. But will be doing a post-IC bung for IAT cooling. Not sure if I am going to use a CM5-LT or a Cortex EBC.
If you go CM5 you can get practice with it by installing mine for me ;)

• Haha
Reactions: zef

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Maybe a stupid question but has anyone ever thought of putting the controller under the hood? Would make it way easier to splice all the wires on the ecu harness I would think and only run wires to the trunk for the pump. Heat and water could be a concern though. Just a thought.

I've never seen one installed under the hood. Usually under the driver dash, possibly in the glove box or console area. You just make a long run of wires, tape them up and then trim them to length at the controller. Maybe use a fabric wire loom for looks over plastic.. You want access to the controller for adjustment when tuning or testing.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I've never seen one installed under the hood. Usually under the driver dash, possibly in the glove box or console area. You just make a long run of wires, tape them up and then trim them to length at the controller. Maybe use a fabric wire loom for looks over plastic.. You want access to the controller for adjustment when tuning or testing.
It's big enough where it's not gonna fit under the dash or glovebox. If it's not in the engine bay it's going under the floor in the trunk which is the normal spot people put it. I'm guessing it'll end up there, was just curious about peoples thoughts on it going in the bay.