GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What car magazines do you read?

ajmanmk7

Mostly interested in mods to my Mk7. Not necessarily track/racing, but current trends in styling, mods, tires/wheels, accessories and other mods....

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Golf Digest. 😏

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
None really anymore. I used to subscribe to a couple but they are all either too broad and out of my interest or all show and no go. Instead I browse websites and forums which cost a lot less.

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Car magazine... what's that? Those things that disappeared around 2010? :cry:

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Motor Trend, Car & Driver, Road & Track... etc.
My favorite was the super comparisons like “Battle of the Econo Hatches” or “King of the Grand Tourers”... Would also skip all the articles and go straight to the performance times/data!
The only time I buy one now is at the airport, to kill time on the plane.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Car and Driver and Road and Track were the paper magazines I actually subscribed to. I still get the Car and Driver one though.

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
Use to get Car and Driver and Road and Track but now I just watch shows on Motortrend streaming channel.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Road and track was worth it just for Peter Egan's monthly story, but he semi retired and everything is online now. It also seems like they all spend too much time on crossovers and super cars now, nothing for the Everyman.

tkmn

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I still have some combination of motor tend, car and driver, and road and track from 1994 - now. Some months just 1, but most at least 2.

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
I stopped subscribing when 90% of them turned to advertising on every other page. Road and Track was the last one I cancelled. Now I just read Highlights at the doctor's office, when we could actually go there.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I don't know of any tuner type car magazines any more.. is SuperStreet still around?

I only check out factory car reviews off C&D, Edmunds, KBB, MotorTrend video's mostly. Then it''s really just skimming through various car forums to gather brand/model names, then reviews on YouTube, then decide what I want to do next.

I think the hardest (yet most important) part of the search is finding the reliable stores.