GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What am I missing? USP auto hatch release

Gonrcng

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a 15' R and my key fob has the hatch button but does nothing but flash the lights if I press it. There is no hatch release or latch/solenoid sound like when the emblem is lifted. I don't want to order the piston kit until I confirm that's all that's needed. Anyone know what the hatch button is supposed to be used for or what it does ?

http://youtu.be/siV9WmkqpeA

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Your hatch button unlocks the hatch.
The OE hatch will not lift itself.
You must push in on the VW logo, grab handle and lift.
The hatch pop has larger pistons the once hatch is unlocked will like the hatch up.
USP says it works.
If it does not then return.
I ordered mine and will post once installed.

So if doubt it wait and the Guinea Pigs can test it.:D

Gonrcng

Passed Driver's Ed
I understand how the stock hatch functions. The video once the kit is installed implies simply pressing the key fob hatch button will release the latch allowing the Pistons to extend. In essence a hands free hatch. The add reads no coding needed.

If the kit is only piston hardware what allows the latch to release remotely like the video shows?

lcubed

Ready to race!
The USP kit uses much higher pressures in the strut to lift the hatch once the latch is released. My mini pretty much did the same when I replaced the old tired gas struts in the hatch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonrcng

Passed Driver's Ed
I guess I'm having difficulty explaining my question. If you watch the video , the guy is 10 feet away from the car and hits the hatch button on the fob. Never touching the car. By pressing the button on his remote his hatch opens from a fully closed and latched position. How is this possible if the remote does not currently release the latch? The USP kit is nothing more than high pressure pistons and mounting hardware.

coleylikesbacon

Ready to race!
I guess I'm having difficulty explaining my question. If you watch the video , the guy is 10 feet away from the car and hits the hatch button on the fob. Never touching the car. By pressing the button on his remote his hatch opens from a fully closed and latched position. How is this possible if the remote does not currently release the latch? The USP kit is nothing more than high pressure pistons and mounting hardware.

You are correct.

Hop in your trunk, shut it. Press against it and hit the trunk button on your fob.

Get stronger shocks. Cheaper than a trunk monkey.

vr6powr

I installed my USP trunk kit today. Seems to work just fine. Now whether or not it works in a few weeks when the shocks wear in remains to be seen. Will keep you posted...