GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wastegate blues

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Might wanna pull downpipe off and make sure wastegate is sealing properly

mk7paul

Might wanna pull downpipe off and make sure wastegate is sealing properly
pulled off and this is what it looked like. seals around the whole thing even tho its offset

Attachments

• 6D84CE74-6B58-4A60-804E-4F7C824126D4.jpeg
    6D84CE74-6B58-4A60-804E-4F7C824126D4.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 154

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Why is it offset like that? If you disconnect the wastegate actuator, does the flapper move freely? Is there play in that flapper with it attached in current state?

mk7paul

Why is it offset like that? If you disconnect the wastegate actuator, does the flapper move freely? Is there play in that flapper with it attached in current state?
with the gate arm disconnected it moves freely with zero resistance. when the flap is in the closed position there is zero movement. the casting appears to just be like that. thicker surface on the left side.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Hasn't cts had issues with the turbine housing castings? I know the v1s did. Is the 2 housing v banded? If you don't have a boost leak in the charge pipes then it's gotta be leaking from the turbo

mk7paul

If it's thicker are you sure it is sealing? Would explain why it can't spool and hit target. Also, have you spoken to Stratified about it? Checked for boost leaks?

FYI, you are also pretty much out of fueling. Rail pressure was diving when it was hitting 25psi up top.
yes it sits fully flush against the housing. i have talked to stratified they said i have some kind of mechanical issue. also boost leaks have been tested and none to be found. pressurized to 40 psi and nothing.

mk7paul

Hasn't cts had issues with the turbine housing castings? I know the v1s did. Is the 2 housing v banded? If you don't have a boost leak in the charge pipes then it's gotta be leaking from the turbo
the exhaust housing is v band to the downpipe. where it meets the chra is traditional bolt on with the half moons. no boost leaks.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Very possible you have a leak at the sai control valve. If so PR sells a delete block off plate for like 26 bucks

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Could this be a crack?

1597670565429.png