GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Warning lights - help.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
A while ago, someone posted a link to graphics of all of the Golf Mk7 warning lights somewhere on the Volkswagen website - I can't find this, can anyone help please?

DW58

Go Kart Champion
That's it - many thanks :)

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I had one this morning which is not on that list - a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
According to the handbook that yellow warning triangle with exclamation mark is a 'central warning light' - Observe the additional information in the instrument cluster display '

Stripey

Ready to race!
The only time I've had the yellow triangle with exclamation was when it was telling me washer fluid was low. Even though the triangle stayed on all the time, whenever you turn ignition on, the screen would say 'washer fluid low' so you knew what the problem was. The 'problem' also features in the 'car' menu as vehicle status. Not sure what a yellow triangle with no 'additional information' could mean?!

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Oh well, that just clouds the waters even further as there was no other information, It cleared itself.

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I just got the yellow triangle yesterday. The didn't have any additional info. I turned the engine off, then restarted and it went away. Does anyone know what it can be? Or was it just an electronic freak out?

N10S

Ready to race!
With my 2015 I would get that warning light as the result of leaving my light switch on with aftermarket hid's.

Going through the car status screen it would show the problem as a low beam light problem and which light it was. I would turn off the lights, then turn the car off and re start the car and the alarm would clear. Your multi function display should allow you to drill down on the specific problem.

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
With my 2015 I would get that warning light as the result of leaving my light switch on with aftermarket hid's.

Going through the car status screen it would show the problem as a low beam light problem and which light it was. I would turn off the lights, then turn the car off and re start the car and the alarm would clear. Your multi function display should allow you to drill down on the specific problem.

Thanks.
My car is 100% stock. Unfortunately, the display didn't show anything at the time, and I didn't think to scroll to the car data screen manually while it was illuminated (before I re-started the car and the symbol went away). I used the car all day today and it hasn't come back. If it comes back, I will scroll through to try and find out what caused it.

KiwiDan

Car(s)
Golf GTI MkV
I had a strange warning light this morning in my 2014 7R that doesn't appear on any online guides (haven't checked the manual yet). It is a white warning symbol with two cars nose to nose with an '!' in between them. Warning light was at bottom of screen where the mileage is, and disappeared after a few seconds. Anyone can explain please?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I had a strange warning light this morning in my 2014 7R that doesn't appear on any online guides (haven't checked the manual yet). It is a white warning symbol with two cars nose to nose with an '!' in between them. Warning light was at bottom of screen where the mileage is, and disappeared after a few seconds. Anyone can explain please?

Forward Collision Warning. It's part of the DAP. If someone slams the brakes that whole section of the display will light up red and a warning will chime.

Stripey

Ready to race!

It's the car telling you it thinks you're driving too close to the car in front.