GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

walked a 250cc bike

17sport

Car(s)
17 GTI sport
stopped at a light with a guy on a motor cycle. I gave a light rev, he tensed up and got in a steady position. I started launch control when all 4 intersection light turned red. we took off at the same time. When dude saw he's getting pulled, couched down in aero position, (as if air drag is the problem at 40mph). only at this point I realized it's a only a 250cc as his engine sounds like a over revved lawn mower (and the fact I'm ahead). I pulled at least 2 car ahead before he give up.

MK7, APR stage 1 91octane, low torque tune and DSG tune. Falken RT615K+.

Last edited:

itskohler

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 1998 4runn
On a 250cc bike you need as much aero as you can get regardless of speed. Willing to bet you have him looking at 600 or liter bikes.

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Sadly they don't make 250's like they used to....if it was one of these old 90s relics, he'd have given you more a run for your money :) Bring back the 2 strokes I say, emissions be damned! :LOL:

1683749578450.png

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp

10 years ago =-)

to put things into perspective, im sure a stock GTI could beat a 250cc bike.

this bike was jetted, intake and race exhaust/header... SI comes around at about 90-100 mph

itskohler

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 1998 4runn
My daytona is regeared to have an insane 0-100 time for track use, but tops out at 120ish. If I were ever racing on the street I'd have em until 100 or so then back off like I already won, knowing full well I'd have lost.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
My daytona is regeared to have an insane 0-100 time for track use, but tops out at 120ish. If I were ever racing on the street I'd have em until 100 or so then back off like I already won, knowing full well I'd have lost.
This is something I don't get about roll racing. If you are killing him and shut it down at 100 but the other guy keeps going to 150mph, who won?

itskohler

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 1998 4runn
This is something I don't get about roll racing. If you are killing him and shut it down at 100 but the other guy keeps going to 150mph, who won?
If you're killing them and you clearly slowed down, no one won because racing on the street takes lives.

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Lol I feel bad for these modern 250 riders. That Kawasaki KR1-S I pictured above (with a very good rider) could crack a 12.9 quarter with its 60bhp. I think they came out in about 89/90, although I see the they never made it to the US being that new 2 strokes were banned in '84. But in the UK they, along with the Suzuki RGV250, were the choice of many a teenage terrorist before they graduated to a 600 or more :D

It does however seem that Kawasaki are still up to their antics in making mental 250's in some Asian markets in the modern era (like the 4 stroke, 4 cylinder 50hp ZX25R with a screaming 17,000rpm redline) - although again, such things are unlikely to ever be officially brought into the US or Europe.

Last edited:

17sport

Car(s)
17 GTI sport
Lol I feel bad for these modern 250 riders. That Kawasaki KR1-S I pictured above (with a very good rider) could crack a 12.9 quarter with its 60bhp. I think they came out in about 89/90, although I see the they never made it to the US being that new 2 strokes were banned in '84. But in the UK they, along with the Suzuki RGV250, were the choice of many a teenage terrorist before they graduated to a 600 or more :D

It does however seem that Kawasaki are still up to their antics in making mental 250's in some Asian markets in the modern era (like the 4 stroke, 4 cylinder 50hp ZX25R with a screaming 17,000rpm redline) - although again, such things are unlikely to ever be officially brought into the US or Europe.
I looked up 250cc only have 18 lb.ft. of torque. So it have to be able to rev really high to produce any meaningful power.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
....is this worth bragging about?

I think the Taos can take a 250 from a dig, doubly so when you consider most 250's are ridden by novice riders.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI

10 years ago =-)

to put things into perspective, im sure a stock GTI could beat a 250cc bike.

this bike was jetted, intake and race exhaust/header... SI comes around at about 90-100 mph
I've seen a 1970s ford ranger gap one of those.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo

one i wish we got here was the original cbr250rr. 4cyl, 4 stroke 250 that revved to 20k.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Idk I had a Ninja 250 with light mods back in 2010, and that thing was pretty quick.