GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Carefree Coverage on 2020+ cars

cb1111

I was in a good situation. Already had Amazon Prime and Netflix so by getting rid of cable I got a $45 outdoor antenna that was able to get over 70 over the air TV stations including the networks. And T-Mobile pays for Netflix. My T-Mobile completely unlimited everything plan is only $45 per month including Netflix and 5G.
That works if you're in an area that has decent OTA and get decent reception. Many people aren't.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I was in a good situation. Already had Amazon Prime and Netflix so by getting rid of cable I got a $45 outdoor antenna that was able to get over 70 over the air TV stations including the networks. And T-Mobile pays for Netflix. My T-Mobile completely unlimited everything plan is only $45 per month including Netflix and 5G.
I here ya. I have six lines and 4 Netflix accounts on Magenta Max for $197/month all in. I use Hulu + Live TV as we need the local networks. We are still on Spectrum for internet but I worked retentions to get 400mb/s for $54.99. I have a strong enough 5G signal in the house to go with TMO for internet but I'm waiting for the second tower to go up in town first.

I also have an antenna in the attic and get about 20 stations which we use for backup.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yeah. I'm just outside of DC, get about 50 channels OTA, but TMo has 4G (kind of) on my street, but 5G two blocks down. I use a femtocell to get decent reception in the house and FIOS is the only internet option.
I only have one internet option also. Fortunately it's with Century Link and they have a price for life plan that only cost me $45 per month for 80 mbps download speed. Not the fastest but more than fast enough for 4K streaming. Same boat as you with the T-MO 5G tower.

cb1111

I only have one internet option also. Fortunately it's with Century Link and they have a price for life plan that only cost me $45 per month for 80 mbps download speed. Not the fastest but more than fast enough for 4K streaming. Same boat as you with the T-MO 5G tower.
FIOS has 75 up, 75 down for about $75 - and $95 with a basic cable package. Our new neighbor complained about the speed, so they bumped everybody on the street up to 100 to keep her happy. She also got us a traffic light, so I'm not complaining.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Back on point. My two local VW dealers are both great as far as amenities. Free shuttles, nice waiting rooms. Free food, coffee, sodas. And I bought my 21 GLI at a dealer an hour away as they had the only pure gray Autobahn in the state. That experience was as easy, fast and good as possible.

OTOH I had a 22 G70 with the worst dealer and OEM experience. For a supposedly luxury brand. Vote with your wallets.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Back on point. My two local VW dealers are both great as far as amenities. Free shuttles, nice waiting rooms. Free food, coffee, sodas. And I bought my 21 GLI at a dealer an hour away as they had the only pure gray Autobahn in the state. That experience was as easy, fast and good as possible.

OTOH I had a 22 G70 with the worst dealer and OEM experience. For a supposedly luxury brand. Vote with your wallets.
How do you like the G70? Beautiful car.

cb1111

How do you like the G70? Beautiful car.
I think the operative word was "had" 😂🤣

Mandatoryclutchpedal

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Cbr1000rr, GTI S
Update
First Dealership - Smithtown VW in NY
Worked with VWOA who contacted dealer
Dealer contacted me and without much of an apology or anything else simply said - "You car is eligible for an oil change, when do you want to setup an appointment".
I did not setup an appointment.
Followed up with rep for VWOA and overall good experience dealing with corporate.
Went to another Dealer in the area and it started off with the same.damn.thing.
"Car is not listed as having coverage"
The difference this time was that the guy behind the counter immediately called up VW to see what the deal was.
The service was performed and in addition to what was covered by carefree they also rotated the tires.

AND of course they put that sticker in the window to come back in 6 months\5000 miles for another oil change.

This program has been in place since 2020.
There is zero excuse for a dealership this far into a a program not having service personnel up to speed on this. I shouldn't have to point out that my car is covered and I should not have to wait while service managers "make a call to corporate". I don't want to talk crap about the guys behind the desk but at the very least VW has an issue here. At least in my very small neck of the woods.
I can only assume that other customers are being screwed over in my area.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Not excusing the service departments but VW changing the length of free maintenance every year or so doesn’t help. Yes it should be evident though from the VIN run what is covered and for how long.

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
Well we will find out soon enough. I have a 2021 and just went over 9000 miles so will be getting my oil changed pretty soon. I will see if I get any hassle. I do know I am not taking it to where I bought it because it is too long a drive and there are there 3 other VW dealerships closer. Oh, I mine has an extra year added on because it was an option. My first three services should be free. I keep my window sticker in the glove box so I can pull that out on the third one when they try to tell me I only get 2!

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
I did my first change at 1500 as I do with all new cars. I will use the dealer for my next one(s) at 5000 miles and 10000 miles for my two free ones.

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
Yeah allot of people do that. I have never done that in my life. I just do at the interval the manual says to. The way I drive my car to change out full synthetic oil every 5000 miles would be wasteful.