GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Carefree Coverage on 2020+ cars

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I did my first change at 1500 as I do with all new cars. I will use the dealer for my next one(s) at 5000 miles and 10000 miles for my two free ones.
Same here except I changed at 1000 and then at 4000 and then 4000 every time after. But I was tuned before 4000 miles.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I did my first change at 1500 as I do with all new cars. I will use the dealer for my next one(s) at 5000 miles and 10000 miles for my two free ones.

I used dealer for my 10K change when I hit 5K, went back for 20K @10K and was told I had to pay for this one as it wouldn’t be covered on the shorter interval. May have been bulahit to get me to pay but I didn’t fight it. 15K was free per the 20K service

Mandatoryclutchpedal

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Cbr1000rr, GTI S
Well we will find out soon enough. I have a 2021 and just went over 9000 miles so will be getting my oil changed pretty soon. I will see if I get any hassle. I do know I am not taking it to where I bought it because it is too long a drive and there are there 3 other VW dealerships closer. Oh, I mine has an extra year added on because it was an option. My first three services should be free. I keep my window sticker in the glove box so I can pull that out on the third one when they try to tell me I only get 2!

Key things -
You are entitled to first Minor maintenance and first standard maintenance. Refer to page 26 and 27 of the USA warranty and Maintenance booklet that came with the car for exactly what is covered.
Oil change and rotor\pad check is what's covered. If they add anything else to the list of work such as tire rotation of anything else, make sure you confirm that it is going to be included and free of cost.

If they pull up your vehicle and say "The system doesn't show you have a maintenance plan", a quick call to corporate will clear it up.

Mandatoryclutchpedal

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Cbr1000rr, GTI S
I used dealer for my 10K change when I hit 5K, went back for 20K @10K and was told I had to pay for this one as it wouldn’t be covered on the shorter interval. May have been bulahit to get me to pay but I didn’t fight it. 15K was free per the 20K service

You get one minor (10K or 1 year from the service date of the car) and one standard ( 20K miles on the odo or 1 year from first minor)

So to qualify for the free Standard service, you would have either have had to hit 20K or be 1 year from when you had the minor service done.
It's in the book.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
You get one minor (10K or 1 year from the service date of the car) and one standard ( 20K miles on the odo or 1 year from first minor)

So to qualify for the free Standard service, you would have either have had to hit 20K or be 1 year from when you had the minor service done.
It's in the book.
Interesting. I bet i was under a year then.

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
Key things -
You are entitled to first Minor maintenance and first standard maintenance. Refer to page 26 and 27 of the USA warranty and Maintenance booklet that came with the car for exactly what is covered.
Oil change and rotor\pad check is what's covered. If they add anything else to the list of work such as tire rotation of anything else, make sure you confirm that it is going to be included and free of cost.

If they pull up your vehicle and say "The system doesn't show you have a maintenance plan", a quick call to corporate will clear it up.
Yep, I get my tires rotated at discount tire. They do it for free, because they know when these OEM tires are used up I will be buying new ones from them, like I have been doing for 15 years.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yep, I get my tires rotated at discount tire. They do it for free, because they know when these OEM tires are used up I will be buying new ones from them, like I have been doing for 15 years.
I buy at Discount also but you are paying for certificates to get the free lifetime balancing and tire replacement warranty.