GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vu's MK7 GTI Build: By A Quiet Amateur

vu.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf GTI (Sold)
Looks great with the drop.

In terms of the breather hose, mine didn't give me any trouble at all when I did my TIP. Literally took me 2 seconds to get it off, it might have been luck of the draw but I wouldn't worry about getting a new breather hose since you're unlikely to ever take it off again unless you're swapping turbos, going back to stock, or installing a catch can/pcv block off setup.

Edit: Since you only swapped springs I'd recommend to start squirreling some cash on the side for either a strut swap or a coilover kit. Struts normally start to show their age around 60Kish miles but you have shortened that lifespan with the drop.
Thanks!

I’ve already have it in mind that upgrade shocks or coilovers will be in the works sure enough. Currently at 40k miles so within the next 20k miles or so, I shall one of the two!

vu.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf GTI (Sold)
Sorry for the late update. Dealt with having covid and pneumonia at the same time and after I got well, I’ve been caught up with work and life after I got better but here is how she is currently looking.

52B2085D-FB44-4957-8628-F2159BFD27A9.jpeg

By the time any of you see this picture I have pit my stock wheels back on because the wheels I had on in this picture have since then blew out a tire unfortunately due to metal debris on the road. :(

vu.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf GTI (Sold)
Also, its been a month since I ordered this particular item but I have an aerofabb rear spoiler coming whenever it gets here.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Dope build and thnx for sharing

any chance u can post pics of the dash plz? Info on which digital one u went with plz?

thank you

Reactions: vu.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Sorry for the late update. Dealt with having covid and pneumonia at the same time and after I got well, I’ve been caught up with work and life after I got better but here is how she is currently looking.

View attachment 251108

By the time any of you see this picture I have pit my stock wheels back on because the wheels I had on in this picture have since then blew out a tire unfortunately due to metal debris on the road. :(
Dang bro are u ok?!

Reactions: vu.

vu.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf GTI (Sold)
Dang bro are u ok?!

Yeah I’m good now! It was a rough week and was not too happy about all of it. Just stayed inside and watched movies all say long haha.

Dope build and thnx for sharing

any chance u can post pics of the dash plz? Info on which digital one u went with plz?

thank you

Haven’t done the digital dash yet. I still gotta buy the stuff needed first. That will probably be one of the last few things I do to the car!

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Yeah I’m good now! It was a rough week and was not too happy about all of it. Just stayed inside and watched movies all say long haha.

Haven’t done the digital dash yet. I still gotta buy the stuff needed first. That will probably be one of the last few things I do to the car!
Glad you're ok. Looking forward to updates

vu.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf GTI (Sold)
Okay, so it has been almost a year now since I updated my own thread. What’s been going on?

For the majority of 2022 I was in a weird place with the GTI: Do I go batshit crazy on aftermarket parts or do I stop where I’m at and just get rid of it? Well I ended up not doing anything and drove it all year round as it was. It is 2023 now and I’ve decided to pick up where I left off.

2 things changed that I had going on for the GTI in 2022:

1. Aerofabb Rear Spoiler: Cancelled my order due to impatience and was nervous about installing 🤣

2. Aftermarket wheels: I had wheels that I purchased off my friends GTI as you can see above in the thread but sadly I blew out 2 tires a week later of having them. So I switched back to my stock wheels that were on winter tires and drove it like that for awhile.

As of this past weekend I have done the following:

- OEM Splash Guards
- Spark Plugs
- Tires
- ECS Dual Air Inlet Duct
- Aerofabb Triangle Window Filler
- CTS Turbo Inlet Pipe (been sitting in a box for over a year up until now)

I’ll post an updated picture of the GTI tomorrow when I get a chance. The next big thing will probably be an exhaust. I’ve been quiet long enough and ready for more sound.