GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VP Fuel Assistance

TheInstallGuy

Passed Driver's Ed
I did a lot of searching but haven't found my answer. I'm working on getting ready for a new tune. I'm going to a E20 blend. I have zero access to pump Ethanol here, but have access to a VP fuel dealer. Is there anyone using an Exx blend and using VP Fuels? I'm thinking their X85 would suit my needs. Any feedback would be great.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I did a lot of searching but haven't found my answer. I'm working on getting ready for a new tune. I'm going to a E20 blend. I have zero access to pump Ethanol here, but have access to a VP fuel dealer. Is there anyone using an Exx blend and using VP Fuels? I'm thinking their X85 would suit my needs. Any feedback would be great.
I've only used pump ethanol, but I would expect VP ethanol to be more consistent than pump ethanol.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Keep in mind the X fuels are oxygenated and will put more load on the fuel system, but a weak blend like E20 it will not be that significant (maybe 2-3%).

I just order X98 but will be running it straight, not blended.

I'll be on the dyno with both pump E65 and X98 so eventually the results will be posted.

kch

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19 R DSG; 15 BRZ s.b

VP ethanol is gonna be like 4x more expensive than pump E85, so I'm not really sure if it's worth it...

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Pretty sure X85 is not oxygenated but C85 is. X is what you want. Yeah it's kinda pricey but I'm in the same boat, no E85 locally. Not a bad way to go if you can get it at a reasonable price locally, running a small mix and not have to get a big 55 gal drum.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
There's a VP Racing near the racetrack an hour and a half away from me, and I recently checked to see what they had on offer. C85 is the oxygenated stuff, according to the literature there. Need ~3gals to pick a tank up to E30.

Is the VP Racing in Manitoba that much cheaper? $115 CAD for a 5 gallon at the Shannonville VP Racing station. $6/L was too rich for my blood, even just to experiment with. Turns my 450km tank of 94Octane at $58 into around a 400km tank of E30 at $111. Too much cash, especially if I really liked it.

Last edited:

kch

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19 R DSG; 15 BRZ s.b
Pretty sure X85 is not oxygenated but C85 is. X is what you want. Yeah it's kinda pricey but I'm in the same boat, no E85 locally. Not a bad way to go if you can get it at a reasonable price locally, running a small mix and not have to get a big 55 gal drum.

Both are oxygenated due to ethanol content. Ethanol is an oxygenator.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
You guys are right C85 has 4% more oxygen than X85.

Where i am its $53 + tax per 5 gallon can for X98. We get Ignite E85 for $6.50/gal if you buy a 55 gal drum, X98 is about $9/gal that way.

MR12 for the bikes is like $34/gal. :eek:

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Diggs says his corn is 2 bucks a gallon. No fair.

The C85 was the cheapest exotic fuel that VP racing station offered.

They went up to $150 for 5 gals for fuel enhancement products that would be compatible.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Our mediocre E65 is $2.59/gal.

Can you canucks get Ignite?

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
No, I don't think so. Boostane can be found with effort, race gas brand additive is available nearby

Very hard to get C2H5OH (found a source though for $279 for a 30 gallon barrel delivered 9.30 cad per gallon.... 6.93 usd per gallon)... but it's not possible to get an HMO either, so that's a plus.

Last edited:

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Just like ethanol, I have no actual experience, and so am an unreliable source of info.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Just like ethanol, I have no actual experience, and so am an unreliable source of info.

We are getting universal basic income. I'm going to spend all of it on that corn juice you can't get.