GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VCDS Taillight Turn Signal Modification

jimboski10

Ready to race!
Hey All....I am new to VCDS (2015 GTI DSG Autobahn) and have been looking through this forum, along with on YouTube, briskoda.net and autoinstruct.com and I have been unsuccessful thus far.

I have already done the 4-5 brake light modification but I also want to change the turn signal flashing in the back. The normal now is just outside bulb....but I believe there is a way to alternate bulbs on the turn signal flasher? I think I heard pace car, joker, maybe others.

Does anyone have the VCDS directions to make these happen? I am not looking for a goofy looking pattern as I am past those days, but am looking for something that can make the turn signals more noticeable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
The 3 options to look at for "sequential" or "alternating" turn signals would be the Urban Joke V1, V2, and Kencha codings.

They're pretty similar to each other, but the differences are noticeable. Your best bet would be to look all 3 up on Youtube and decide on which one that you like the best.

jimboski10

Ready to race!
The 3 options to look at for "sequential" or "alternating" turn signals would be the Urban Joke V1, V2, and Kencha codings.

They're pretty similar to each other, but the differences are noticeable. Your best bet would be to look all 3 up on Youtube and decide on which one that you like the best.

Thanks Reggie! Liking Urban Joke V2 and Kencha V2....just need to figure out where to get the VCDS coding.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes

jimboski10

Ready to race!
No problem, glad to help. I noticed that you have another thread asking about how to tell if you have LED taillights. Do your taillights match the ones in the videos that I linked?

I am having a hard time telling if they do or do not....going to try to post a picture later for Insights from the group