GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VCDS Reverse Camera Option while moving forward?

GTI-PP

Does anyone know of VCDS codes to allow you to turn on the reverse camera while driving forward? I've searched a lot through the forums and haven't found anything for this.

ommoran

Ready to race!
Is that to make sure that the release of the tire-popping tacks from the undertray have successfully taken out 2 of the three enemies chasing you, leaving only the most dangerous and highly-paid enemy car to deal with?

GTI-PP

Is that to make sure that the release of the tire-popping tacks from the undertray have successfully taken out 2 of the three enemies chasing you, leaving only the most dangerous and highly-paid enemy car to deal with?

Well, yeah, what else would it be for?...

I guess for the occasional use in normal driving, in place of the rear view mirror (especially if my car is so full of stuff that I can't see out the back window).

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Does anyone know of VCDS codes to allow you to turn on the reverse camera while driving forward? I've searched a lot through the forums and haven't found anything for this.

GTI-PP: Yes it is possible to change the turn-off speed for park assist on a mk7 with a VCDS cable (just as Misaka has indicated in his/her post above). However, I'm not sure that this will alter the behaviour of the reverse camera, as I believe that the turn-off mechanism is a physical switch when you move the gear lever out of reverse. Anyhow, if you want to try the tweak, this is how it's done:

Not surprisingly it's done via the Park/steer Assist control module. I've seen this module at one of two address locations on the various mk7's that I have looked-at; either Hex 76, or Hex 10.

Below is the list of all the adaptation channels for the Park/Steer Assist module. Clearly you will need to change the setting in the adaptation channel that I have circled with the red box.

Not sure if the allowable setting has an upper limit, but please provide feedback if you make any discoveries about this channel - so that we can learn from your efforts
Cheers
Don

Attachments

• SOSPA.jpg
    SOSPA.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,026
Last edited:

GTI-PP

Thanks DV52, that's a good start

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
I've heard there is an upper limit to the speed it can be set at. Can't remember the number though.