GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vagcom - VCDS Got it if you need it

noxorc

Fudsey,
Have you enabled the Rain/closure on a MK7 ?

I can't seem to get it to work.

/me also wonders why I don't see a '46 -Central conv.' controller.

-nox

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
I have done it on a couple of Mk7s but on mine it doesn't work either. I did the coding several times but just refuses to work.

I thought cent. conv. was 9, but I don't have my vcds handy to check

NHmk7GTI

Ready to race!
Just fyi I've heard that for the rain closing to work you must have the wipers set to auto on the stock. So make sure you wiper stock is on intermittent.

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
Ya I have also heard you have to have the lights on auto and the stalk also in the rear wiper position. Still doesn't work for me :(

noxorc

Question....
In the network control unit gives you the option when VW Golf 7 to put the Coming Home (CH) and Leaving Home (LH) function on the fog lamps. Thus, the xenon light is protected and only the daytime running lights and fog lights (NSW) enabled.

My question is... What is 'Coming Home' and 'Leaving Home' mean? You opened your door?

I don't recall any 'HOME" setting in the NAV (GPS).

NHmk7GTI

Ready to race!
Question....
In the network control unit gives you the option when VW Golf 7 to put the Coming Home (CH) and Leaving Home (LH) function on the fog lamps. Thus, the xenon light is protected and only the daytime running lights and fog lights (NSW) enabled.

My question is... What is 'Coming Home' and 'Leaving Home' mean? You opened your door?

I don't recall any 'HOME" setting in the NAV (GPS).
Coming home is when you get out of your car and the lights stay on for how ever many seconds you the programed for. And leaving is when you unlock you doors before you get to the car the lights come on.

Snoball

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Fudsey,

I'm down in Boston and am off on Thursday/Friday/Sunday. Wouldn't mind making the trip to you to get a couple tweaks on the MK7. I'm looking to do windows open with the remote, disable the soundaktor, and possibly the ECS disable. If you want to PM when/where would work best for you, I'll do my best to make it happen. Thanks for your help in advance!

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
If you want to come to Hooksett, NH on Thursday at 3, I could do it then or Sunday in Raymond, NH any time.

Snoball

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Fudsey, I'm going to head your way on Sunday if that is ok? It will be my wife and I and whatever 12 pack you request... If you want to PM your info that would be great!

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
Nice to meet you today Snoball. Let me know if there is anything else you want to do

- Fudsey

Snoball

Passed Driver's Ed
Just a shout out to Fudsey for helping me today! Being able to nerd out about the GTI and get some tweaks done made me feel right at home. Thanks again for helping us out! See you soon with porch rocker next time!

Zsmith

Hello guys, I'm new to the forum and new to VW life and I am loving it. Was wondering if someone would be willing to help out a newbie with some VCDS mods? I am itching to meet some local Volkswagen enthusiasts and learn about these awesome cars.