GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vagcom - VCDS Got it if you need it

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
I'm in southern NH if you want to drive up, I can do whatever you need done in VCDS.

AdrenalineJunki

Hello Fudsey!

I am looking to do a couple mods as well. Mainly soundaktor, windows with key fob, and mirrors. I live in northern ma so should be pretty close to you.

I appreciate your help! Thank you

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
Well weekends are best but I can do most afternoons after 3. I work in Hooksett, just north of Manchester, we can meet there after 3 weekdays or you can come to my house in Raymond on weekends. It's about 35-40 min from the state line on 93 or 95 to my house.

MastaChunco

Passed Driver's Ed
@Fudsey
Hey I am new to this VCDS stuff, is the cabling that you have compatible with the 2016 golf r?

Got mine about a month ago and I was reading on a couple things that I think are possible. Wanted to silence the Soundaktor, make the windows close when I locked it, silence the seat belt alarm and who knows.

Any good resources for the R with stuff you can change with this? It's new and kinda cool to me, car hacking.

Anyways if you are able to I could take a drive up some weekend with gifts of beer or such.

NHmk7GTI

Ready to race!
structure borne sound. soundaktor

I believe everything that can be done to the gti, can be done to the R. My cable will work. There are a bunch of places you can get directions on how/what to do. I use a lot of different sources but dv52's source on watercooled.au is one of the better ones.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/mkvii-vcds-tweak-reference-thread-98034.html

Fudsey Is there an access or security code for modifying the A9 module structure borne sound? I can't get the changes to take.

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
I don't believe there is but I will have to check. I will update a little later.

EDIT: I just checked mine, and I did NOT need a password to change the value.

Last edited:

thadtrain

Fudsey,

I am down in the Boston area and work a rotating schedule. Only have Wednesday Thursday off this week but would love to take a ride up and have some tweaks done if you don't mind. Looking to turn off the DRL's and a few other things as I read the forums. If this week isn't good I have Mon/Tues and Fri/Sat/Sun off the following week. Let me know!

Cheers!

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
Fudsey,

I am down in the Boston area and work a rotating schedule. Only have Wednesday Thursday off this week but would love to take a ride up and have some tweaks done if you don't mind. Looking to turn off the DRL's and a few other things as I read the forums. If this week isn't good I have Mon/Tues and Fri/Sat/Sun off the following week. Let me know!

Cheers!

PMed you :)