GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Used AWD car thoughts?

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
Happy new year everyone! I put this in this section in case we discuss non vag cars.

The wife is really ragging on me about getting a bike, so she's given me the get go if I don't buy a bike for a higher end car this spring. I may take her up on the offer, because of my son. I can't go to crazy because it will be a dd, and I wan't something a bit different than everyone else is driving. I have my name on the list for the new R, but since I'm good friends with the dealership I can walk away from that at any time. It may sound strange, but I'm really digging the mk2 audi tt's, I could swing a used TT-S, but I'd rather buy a used 3.2 quattro coupe with low miles for around 30k. I've always loved that vr6 sound & I wouldn't go nuts on the mods I would do:
-milltek catback
-audi tt-s headlight conversion (for the leds)
-hpa intake
-rsb & end links
-stage 1 tune
& call it a day. After driving a turbo'd car for a few years I love the feeling, but on a dd I don't want one it's just one more thing that I don't have to deal with, and not dealing with boost gauges, intercoolers & catch cans would mike my life simpler. I figure the tt would be pretty peppy with the above listed mods, def not fast but around 5.5 0-60 which I can live with. I guess it's basically a mkv r32 in audi skin, anyone have experience with the newer 3.2's?

I'm also entertaining looking at sti's, evo x's, audi a4 tsi , but that would put me back into a turbo, thoughts? I def want awd since we have such inclimate weather here in pa & I drive on a ton of twisty back roads. It doesn't have to be 4 door because my kid will never drive with me.

I really flip flop on this issue, but I have until may-ish to start looking & I just want to make the right choice this time around.

Chris@RT

Banned
mk2 TT is awesome.

Yes it is a lot like the Rs underneath but at the same time it isn't.

Aluminum control arms with dropped ball joints (and I think flipped tierods) so they handle much better.

Much stiffer overall and a hell of a lot quieter.

The mag ride suspension is also sick.

Yeah same power, same basic design but lots of little improvements everywhere making for a sick car.

TosHaNYC

Ready to race!
I DD Lexus IS250 AWD.
Its a beast in the snow.... Its a 2.5L V6.... which means if you drive mostly highway you will get high 20's easy... the most I got on it was 34mpg. And the average is 25mpg.

They dont come manual...unless its RWD, but if you are getting RWD might as well get is350 which is a beast.

Anyway thats my .02.

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
mk2 TT is awesome.

Yes it is a lot like the Rs underneath but at the same time it isn't.

Aluminum control arms with dropped ball joints (and I think flipped tierods) so they handle much better.

Much stiffer overall and a hell of a lot quieter.

The mag ride suspension is also sick.

Yeah same power, same basic design but lots of little improvements everywhere making for a sick car.
Yes sir, that's what I thought. It's a pretty awesome car & you don't see to many around at least not in my area. It's a very strong option.
I DD Lexus IS250 AWD.
Its a beast in the snow.... Its a 2.5L V6.... which means if you drive mostly highway you will get high 20's easy... the most I got on it was 34mpg. And the average is 25mpg.

They dont come manual...unless its RWD, but if you are getting RWD might as well get is350 which is a beast.

Anyway thats my .02.
I aprreciate the input:thumbsup: If I can stay german I will, but I won't rule out any decent awd cars.

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
You could always get a STi, WRX, or Forester XT...most are pretty quick out of the box and don't need mods, but you could.

I know you don't like turbo for DD but it can be reliable
I agree with you, turbo for a dd doesn't scare me, but if I can avoid it I would. Just makes life simpler for me. I know I would then buy a accessport:biggrin:

TT is on my list if I get rid of or pass off my a3.
That car is sexy as hell. I fell with the TT-S headlights a 3.2 would be epic:thumbsup:

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
TT

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
dont know if you get this in the usa but id be all over the new RS3 or TTRS..do u have the TT are you getting it? ob even here in europe we dont have the rs3 yet but on the way...
What ever your choice maybe stick with the Germans. scoobys n evos are fun but just dont stand up to being a dd for me.

utekineir

Banned
dont know if you get this in the usa but id be all over the new RS3 or TTRS..do u have the TT are you getting it? ob even here in europe we dont have the rs3 yet but on the way...
What ever your choice maybe stick with the Germans. scoobys n evos are fun but just dont stand up to being a dd for me.

We get neither.

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
can get mk2 tt with vr6 and 6 speed not awful prices used either.
I've been seeing around 30k for the 3.2 with less the 25k on the odometer, I'll also have a trade in. It will be nice to have something a bit different. My buddy had the mkI TT w/ factory K04, he hit over 200k on that motor/turbo with only two fried coil packs, I hope the 3.2 would do as well?
:cry::cry::cry:that sucks.

well i ges that counts me out on this question as have no idea wat cars u do have??????????:iono:

We have the TT-S for now, I want order the headlights from it just for the led's.

I don't have one yet, I would've had a new car by now, but I'm recovering from a injury & also can't drive stick until around may after tearing all the ligaments in my knee.

plac

GTI Master
is the MKII TT 2007 and newer? I've always liked the older TT 1.8T convertibles a lot, i think 2000-2004?

Like these:

2000 Audi TT Quattro - 79k miles - $9,888