GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

US ordering option- LED tailights

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
The original MK7 release information Vortex said LED taillights would be an orderable option for US market cars. But it said eventually.

Is this still coming or did the lights not meet DOT or did VW back out on this? Or was it just a rumor?

If LED tails are still coming as an option it may impact wether I buy Euro ones through the aftermarket or wait.

Either way, I want them. Bad.

acapvwgti

Ready to race!
Man I wouldn't hold your breath. So far there has been zero indication they are an option for 2015. Maybe 2016 but I don't think VW even knows yet

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
Even if they do come with the option from factory, most likely they will blink red and not amber like the euro ones, in my opinion you are still better getting the euro ones no matter what.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Even if they do come with the option from factory, most likely they will blink red and not amber like the euro ones, in my opinion you are still better getting the euro ones no matter what.

This is good to know. I was thinking that maybe wait for the US ones to be an option and then order through dealer(I already have my MK7), but if they arent going to be as nice as the Euro ones, I'll just order Euro ones from BKS or Deutsche.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk