GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upgrading stock shocks/struts to Bilsteins B4 shocks/struts or VWR, is it worth it?

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Hey guys I need some help.

I dont have bumpstops on the rear B8s. My mechanic who installed the shocks/struts said the stock ones didn’t fit. Does anyone know what type of bumpstop that’s good and inexpensive. I’ve been much more noise when going over bumps

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Bump stops are not designed to hide noise going over bumps, unless you are bottoming out the shock, that's bad.
Technically when Im driving and there’s like markings on the road (like turn right), slight dips on the road or pavement thats uneven cause of construction/potholes. The shocks is literally 2k miles rn.

When I go over speed bumps I dont get noise at all.

bfury5

Autocross Champion
Technically when Im driving and there’s like markings on the road (like turn right), slight dips on the road or pavement thats uneven cause of construction/potholes. The shocks is literally 2k miles rn.

The noise could be from the top mounts if they weren't installed correctly or fully tightened. A tech who installs rear shocks without a bumpstop sounds like they might also forget to fully tighten the top mount

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
The noise could be from the top mounts if they weren't installed correctly or fully tightened. A tech who installs rear shocks without a bumpstop sounds like they might also forget to fully tighten the top mount
Apparently the OEM ones didn’t fit and I didn’t order bumpstops at the time. It worries me that I may damage the rear shock for driving constantly with this noise especially since their new. Does it have anything to do with the Audi TT pads and DG springs? Idkkk.

Even if it’s not having bumpstops any idea which bumpstop size I can get? I dont wanna end up with one that’s too small

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

What does the sound, sound like? Thump, clunk, rattle?

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
What does the sound, sound like? Thump, clunk, rattle?
Not a rattle. I guess its more of a thump. Kinda hard to explain. Sound like something is literally in the rear moving around for a quick second when hitting a bump/dip. You hear it at the top of your ear if that make sense