GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Update to my 2017 issue...Very happy

Puggin4Life

Passed Driver's Ed
Here is my original post to the issues I was having with my 2017 GTI Sport.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35928

After speaking directly with VWoA and requesting that my new GTI be replaced with the same car, I was assigned a regional Case Manager who sent my case higher. It's taken about a month but I just received a phone call and they are going to be replacing my 2017 GTI Sport with a 2018 GTI as soon as they become available in January or February. My total loan amount is staying the exact same as is the length of the loan. I'm also receiving the 6 year 72k miles bumper to bumper warranty. Basically all that is changing is the VIN number with the credit union. VW is reimbursing me for the window tint as well. I'm honestly shocked that they are doing this. This is how customers should be treated when things aren't "right". I was always very respectful to each and every VW representative, never threatened to "Lemon Law" my car or anything crazy like that. This is how customers become life-long customers of manufacturers.

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Glad it worked out for you. Good luck with the new car!

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
Good stuff, nice when stress & hassle get an agreeable resolution. I've had the odd battle with dealers myself and (usually) found an initial pleasant but firm approach to an issue gets the right result quicker and with no hard feelings. Before lightsabers are ignited and the fleet is summoned out of hyperspace :D....

Puggin4Life

Passed Driver's Ed
Good stuff, nice when stress & hassle get an agreeable resolution. I've had the odd battle with dealers myself and (usually) found an initial pleasant but firm approach to an issue gets the right result quicker and with no hard feelings. Before lightsabers are ignited and the fleet is summoned out of hyperspace :D....

I agree completely. Huge relief. I'm just surprised they didn't go out and get a 17 and swap it out. No complaints here.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Glad to hear that VW is swapping 2017 with a 2018, even though they have a lot of 2017s left in dealer inventory.

Predatorbird

Ready to race!
Which model are they replacing your car with? There is no Sport for 2018. I think a 2018 S will be a downgrade from your current car, which is probably what they're offering.

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
Which model are they replacing your car with? There is no Sport for 2018. I think a 2018 S will be a downgrade from your current car, which is probably what they're offering.

From the other forum:

"Originally Posted by Puggin4Life View Post
Sounds like it's going to be the SE as that has all the options as the sport which is my understanding? They said the replacement will have the same features as the sport meaning if I had the lighting package the 18 will have it as well. I want to keep my wheels on the sport as well but we will see...."

Puggin4Life

Passed Driver's Ed
I have been in contact with Volkswagen for several weeks and I got the news this morning that they have a 2018 Pure White Autobahn secured for me at the port. I was given a VIN and the order sheet. As soon as they are released they will have it shipped to me from the port. Very surprised I will be in an Autobahn for what I paid for my 17 Sport.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

ATX_MK7

I have been in contact with Volkswagen for several weeks and I got the news this morning that they have a 2018 Pure White Autobahn secured for me at the port. I was given a VIN and the order sheet. As soon as they are released they will have it shipped to me from the port. Very surprised I will be in an Autobahn for what I paid for my 17 Sport.

Nice! Are you gonna be able to swap the Nogaros over?

ohsnapzombies1

Ready to race!

How’d you pull that one off? They were doing even MSRP prices with me and anything over I had to cover half....